• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

That'd be Mr. Tumble then, from Something Special.

Tumblejpeg-2590545.jpg

He seems awfully popular with youngsters, he's a clown type personality who wanders round doing silly things. Seems to be CBeebies flagship entertainer, unsurprising that he'd appear here.

The show could be something special. The outline look like justin and his spotty bag that gets sent to mr tumble and his family. This show also uses makaton, which make it a favourite of teen with special education needs. Thus giving it a huge fan base.

Yeah I was going to say that it would be a fantastic brand to be used in the area. The Mr Tumble character is very popular with parents and children alike and the fact that it incorporates sign language allows it to be very inclusive too.

BdJRnMpCQAAHO3Y.jpg:large

''The Something Special Sensory Garden is waiting to be explored, first you have to help Mr. Tumble send his spotty bag ''

Cbeebies Land on Twitter

Nice addition!

I'm glad to see the return of sheds as opposed to shipping containers.

could be A LOT worse than this, I think that this will work now that we know they are going for the less idiotic kids shows (i know, i know, I'm being optimistic for the first time ever)

If there's actually a standard unpainted B&Q shed in there then we can deduce that Merlin have learnt absolutely nothing about theming in their entire stint in charge.

Alastair said:
If there's actually a standard unpainted B&Q shed in there then we can deduce that Merlin have learnt absolutely nothing about theming in their entire stint in charge.

If they put spots on it, like in the image. Then it would fit the theme of something special's sensory garden better than some theming in other areas of the park. Shipping containers next to smiler queueline anyone?

It is a matter of how they blend the something special elements into the sensory garden, that will show if they have learnt about theming.

delta79 said:
Alastair said:

If they put spots on it, like in the image. Then it would fit the theme of something special's sensory garden better than some theming in other areas of the park. Shipping containers next to smiler queueline anyone?

It is a matter of how they blend the something special elements into the sensory garden, that will show if they have learnt about theming.

It looks tacky and cheap though, regardless of whether they paint some spots onto it or not. It needs cladding to make it look at least marginally different from something you would find in your normal garden at home.

Wait a second... A loosely themed interactive/sensory pathway?

DSCN0125.jpg

Oh god... ITS HAPPENING AGAIN!

Touch wood the Beeb will be expecting them to spend more than £2.98 on it this time around ;)

delta79 said:
Even if it was the best themed B&Q shed in the world, it would still be a shed. No child at all would find that exciting, this whole attraction seems quite patronising to me. When I was as young as the audience they are targeting with CBeebies Land, I was mesmerised by big insane dark rides and thrills, not sponsored whimsical low-budgetry! :p

I'm not really complaining because most of the area will be safely hidden out of the way like McDonald's Farm was before it, and I doubt many people are at all interested in this project anyway.

I just find it strangely funny that they have chosen to include a garden shed in the promotional image for their new attraction next year.

I'm guessing that promotional image shows what with eventually become of what is now the Dung Heap and the pathway leading up to it?

Why don't you all quit moaning? :X

Alton Towers have barely released an iota of information about the 2014 themed area, and people are criticising a 'multi sensory garden', which looks like it's ideal for children with specific learning difficulties - because it has a SHED in it? A shed in a garden? Would you believe it.

The Multi-Sensory garden is merely one of many parts to CBeebies land in 2014, and whilst I can understand some concerns over new projects at Alton Towers due to Merlin's general reputation amongst enthusiasts, I really don't think the promotional image released warrants such negativity.

Tom.B said:
Call me dumb, but what's multi sensory?
A marketing buzzword.

And I have three sheds in my garden, maybe all the children should come to me!

Yes, it's easy to be cynical, but you could tell not much imagination was going into this project from the moment plans were released. The public will only get out as much as they put in.

electricBlll said:
Tom.B said:
Call me dumb, but what's multi sensory?
A marketing buzzword.

And I have three sheds in my garden, maybe all the children should come to me!

Yes, it's easy to be cynical, but you could tell not much imagination was going into this project from the moment plans were released. The public will only get out as much as they put in.

Actually, multi-sensory isn't a marketing buzzword.

I work in a school, and we have a multi-sensory room in there for children with moderate to severe learning difficulties. This is exactly what Mr. Tumble is all about. Things for children to touch, smell, see and hear. Learning through play and experience.

The entire area is going to link precisely with CBeebies. The BBC are controlling a vast amount of what is going on here. "Imagination" or not.

Just out of interest...

... Has anyone considered that's what the shed looks like on the TV programme?