• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

thefatone said:
It'd be a logistical nightmare to put someone on tv onto a stage show which'd probably play 3 times or so a day, every single day of the season.

So, having special helpers who haven't appeared on the tv (and therefore can change their appearances every show if needbe) is the best way about it!

Is the right answer...

Unfortunately, Towers isn't Plopsaland (their Pete the Pirate show had the people from the actual show, which surprised me greatly)... Though it probably won't stop kids throwing a tantrum because it's not the real character, but it'll only really affect Nina by looks of things...

I wonder if they will use pre recorded video clips of nina to activate at set points in the show? that would be one way of getting nina into the show.

It would be impossible to have the Nina actress appear in a theme park all year. Even if they tried filling her in with a look-a-like that causes problems of the fact that children will notice that it is not her. Having helpers allows ents to use whoever is available to take the roles. Makes far more sense.

delta79 said:
I wonder if they will use pre recorded video clips of nina to activate at set points in the show? that would be one way of getting nina into the show.

That could be possible. Would fit in a little better!

Full size image of Big Fun ShowTime concept has been put on Facebook:

1544608_279584722192747_1681179852_n.jpg

...don't know where to begin with the Photoshop errors. :p

James said:
Full size image of Big Fun ShowTime concept has been put on Facebook:

1544608_279584722192747_1681179852_n.jpg

...don't know where to begin with the Photoshop errors. :p

Sorry, I can't see any straight off, can you point them out please. This isn't sarcasm btw.

If the inside 'dome' type structure with the stage and everything is designed like the image it looks as though it will be a really nice and fun little area - with grass and deckchairs as well as lots of colour and entertainment too. Happy to see a great big expansion of the parks entertainments offering this year too - three new shows!!

I meant to say Photoshop fails, not Photoshop errors (I blame tiredness). :)

It's just been announced that there will be a Postman Pat room in ATH, and there's a competition to win a stay in it.

I really want to see this room for myself. Definitely not a big kid or anything. :p

Jonathan said:
It's just been announced that there will be a Postman Pat room in ATH, and there's a competition to win a stay in it.

I really want to see this room for myself. Definitely not a big kid or anything. :p

COMPETITION???!!! We'll I might just have to go for this. Not for the postman pat theme :)-[), but so I can have a stay over at AT!

Alton Towers Careers Facebook page has just posted audition dates for ents if anyone's interested in applying!

Alton Towers Resort is holding open auditions for their general entertainments cast and the all new Cbeebies Land. The following positions are available:

Actors / Presenters / Costume Character Performers (Dancers)

We’re looking for highly motivated and engaged performers to bring our fantastical characters and live shows to life. If you’ve got what it takes to join our highly talented cast, then please attend one of the following open auditions:

LONDON- Pineapple Dance Studios
Actors- 30th Jan- 10:30am
Costume Performers (Dancers)/Presenters – 31st Jan -10:30am

STOKE-ON-TRENT- Quality Hotel
Actors- 4th Feb- 2:00pm
Costume Performers (Dancers)/Presenters -4th Feb– 10:00am

MANCHESTER- Sunshine Studios
Actors- 6th Feb- 10:30am
Costume Performers (Dancers)/Presenters – 7th Feb- 10:30am

BIRMINGHAM- Midlands Arts Centre
Actors- 10th Feb- 10:00am
Costume Performers (Dancers)/Presenters - 11th Feb – 10:00am

Registration will take place at the specified start time, please bring with you a non-returnable CV, photograph and proof of right to work in the UK. For important information on audition preparation go to altontowersjobs.com and click on the ‘Resort Entertainment’ tab to see what preparation is required. Please note that performer height restrictions may apply for some of the costume characters.

Contract start dates are between February 2014 and April 2014 depending on role offered. All contracts run to November 2014.

Pineapple Dance Studios? Can't wait to see Louis Spence dancing around dressed as Postman Pat.

Quality. Hotel. Stoke. On. Trent.

Ok then.

Why on the Cbeebies Land website under other family attractions it say Mutiny Bay and Cloud Cuckoo Land but not Katanga Canyon, surely that counts as a family area? (as dose Gloomy Wood, but duel may not be suitable for a 4 year old)

BenBowser said:
Why on the Cbeebies Land website under other family attractions it say Mutiny Bay and Cloud Cuckoo Land but not Katanga Canyon, surely that counts as a family area? (as dose Gloomy Wood, but duel may not be suitable for a 4 year old)

It's not one of Merlin's babies, so they are not interested in promoting it.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
BenBowser said:

But it is one of Varney's! ;)

Probably because they really mean kids rides rather than family rides. I would describe CBeebies Land as a kids area and not a family area.

:)

CoasterCrazyChris said:
BenBowser said:

Of course, I forgot that Alton Towers only advertise attractions which have been built since 2007...

Dunno why they are bothering with the Nemesis 20 tweets which happen now and again.

Wilsy said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
BenBowser said:

See what I mean? It's not like they use Air in almost every promotional image... ;)
Of course, I forgot that Alton Towers only advertise attractions which have been built since 2007...

Dunno why they are bothering with the Nemesis 20 tweets which happen now and again.

Well the Secret Weapons are still a huge draw so of course they will get some promotion.

But the likes of Hex, Runaway Mine Train, Rapids, Duel, Flume, Rita, Spinball and Charlie almost never get a look in. With good reason in some cases...