• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

Rapids features heavily on the resort branding as does mine train.

Simply CCL and Mutiny Bay have attractions close to the demographic of CBeebies (Heave Ho, 4D, Frog Hopper ect). Katanga and Gloomy rides are more older children attractions.

Seems like this is probably replacing the Dung Heap.

1526739_281818108636075_63346839_n.jpg

At the Tree Fu Tom Training Camp, join Tom and friends on an amazing new adventure where play can help transform you into a Tree Fu master. Learn moves and complete your Tree Fu training at Spell School and then put them in to practice on an adventure around Treetoplolis, visiting all of Tom’s magical friends from Ariela’s Ranch to Zigzoo’s boat. Run, jump, climb, slide, push, pull, swing, glide; at the Tree Fu Tom Training Camp you can put your Tree Fu moves and skills to the ultimate test: you can be a Tree Fu hero too!

Indeed, let's hope it is themed in a manner that makes it look somewhat appealing as the Dung Heap really did not look appealing.

:)

Hopefully this will include the demolition of the awful cattlepen themed maze.

It says a lot when a playground only lasts 6 seasons before being removed and replaced.

The Dung Heap is one of the worst things they've ever created at that park. I'm sure the new play area will look a million times better.

I think they are keeping some of the same equipment, just hopefully this time around it will be themed. And they could do with adding a few more things.

I had never really visited the Farmyard on my visits, so I don't know how bad Dung Heap was, but from reviews on here and just the fact it's called There's Something in the Dung Heap doesn't make it sound as though it was ever going to be special, any change is an improvement.

In fairness, an actual dung heap would be an improvement.

I don't know what people complained about the Dung Heap for. It promised a massive pile of crap, and it delivered on it.

That said I think they'll be very pushed to make it much worse.

There's Something In The Dung Heap they said...

There was, it was just broken dreams and disappointment.

I always thought the attraction was just misquoted, and became the actual name for it.

"The farm will now have doodle doo, riverbank, bish bash and i'm sure there's something in the dung heap.."

It says a lot when pretty much every local park in the country has better play equipment than the UKs number one theme park. It was horrible, looks crap and no one ever used it! Even on the busiest of days it would be dead.

I believe on the planning permission they wanted to knock down the dung pile, the cattle pen maze and the little stuff, but keep the big climbing frame and zip wire.

CBeebies will bring plenty of life into the area!

Thank god Ritas furthest queue extension is leaving!

When they originally planned Dungheap it did sound interesting, but somehow they didn't even pull off the original plans.

Also any ideas of whats happened to the bug hotel?

Apparently the bookworm is now residing in pieces behind CCL. Unloved, unwanted, broken and dead.

The Magical 90's are almost finally... gone.

:'(

Alton Towers doesn't have many great theming pieces left now.

There's the Nemesis monster and gun and Haunted House facade but not much else.

Battle Galleons, Thirteen and The Smiler just don't quite capture it.

AstroDan said:
Apparently the bookworm is now residing in pieces behind CCL. Unloved, unwanted, broken and dead.

The Magical 90's are almost finally... gone.

:'(

It was almost in pieces before it was removed anyway, slowly rotting and dying.

A very sad loss however, and one of the most recognisable aspects from my first ever visit as a child. I assume a large CBeebies Land sign or the CBeebies bugs will occupy the space by May.

Do we know if there's a possibility of a feature like the bookworm appearing in CBeebies Land?

Such a shame the bookworm is gone. It was a great piece of theming (in its golden days of working and being taken care of).

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Alton Towers doesn't have many great theming pieces left now.

There's the Nemesis monster and gun and Haunted House facade but not much else.

Battle Galleons, Thirteen and The Smiler just don't quite capture it.
I completely agree. The only great theming is the mine train's facade, nemesis monster and duel. And even those arent masterpieces.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
There's the dirty rotting Nemesis monster and gun and Haunted House facade but not much else.

Corrected that for you! ;)

It is sad about the bookworm. Yes it was in a bit of a state but it was a bit of an icon. I do hope that it will be replaced with another nice theming object, however I'm not getting my hopes up.