• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Charlie and Lola and Furchester are certainly both on regularly. Tree Fu Tom comes and goes from the rota, certainly within the last few months.

I've not seen Postman Pat once in the nearly two years I've been watching.

Waffle the Wonder Dog is one of my favourites, but I can't see how they could make anything much if that in a themepark.
Pat is on weekend mornings. Waffle is one of the worst shows on there!

A Duggee ride is what everyone wants, surely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat is on weekend mornings. Waffle is one of the worst shows on there!

A Duggee ride is what everyone wants, surely
I guess I don't do weekend mornings then!!

I think I enjoy Waffle more than my daughter, I genuinely love it! :laughing::laughing:

But yes, a Hey Duggee ride is the dream.

From my knowledge, I think most of the shows featured in CBeebies Land are still shown on CBeebies in some capacity.

Remember, the BBC will be ensuring that Alton Towers keeps the area up to date and well maintained; they won’t want CBeebies Land to be an out-of-date representation of their channel! We’ve already seen Numtums Number-Go-Round get rethemed, along with Nina’s Science Lab being removed (what was that eventually replaced with, or was it just not replaced?), so there is clearly some drive to keep the area up to date and relevant.
Ninas science lab was to be replaced by a sensory room. However thst never happened and any mention of that on the website or in CBeebies land has gone. So it’s currently just sat there not being used.

Instead of going to the trouble of building a Moon and Me ride they could just give everyone some acid on the way in.
I can't believe you joked about that in public.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

image.png

So for the most part still fairly relevant. Ps. if you try to take Furchester Hotel away from me you will follow Mr Bloom

Bump!

I've heard that aparently Netflix now own Octonaughts, so could that mean Towers may have to re-theme Roller Coaster Adventure?

Bump!

I've heard that aparently Netflix now own Octonaughts, so could that mean Towers may have to re-theme Roller Coaster Adventure?
An intriguing dilemma... does this mean that it's no longer shown on CBeebies? In that case, they might have to retheme it.. but I wonder what it would get changed to?

I'm sure they'll find something... I don't know enough about modern day CBeebies to contribute any ideas.

Bump!

From what I can find, I think they may have just bought the rights to stream it on Netflix not bought the whole show but I may be wrong on that. If that is the case the ride should be able to stay the same.

Netflix has purchased rights to show many BBC programs, often from the BBC themselves through BBC worldwide, with the program remaining available on the BBC as well as Netfix.
I think BBC fund Octonauts production so I imagine have screening in perpetuity, and possibly UK distribution rights, on it as a program.

In any case, Silverdale who own the worldwide licencing have recently done a deal with Merlin for Octonauts attractions in midways (I think sealife primarily), so I can't imagine they'd want to fall out over a coaster at one site.

Last edited:
I dare say that based on what I know about Hey Duggee (admittedly quite a limited amount based on relatives with young children who watch it), I reckon a HD dark ride with the Gangsta Granny ride system would have worked well, with each stop representing a different badge! (You do get “badges” on that show, don’t you? I haven’t watched it, and I haven’t watched CBeebies in many years, for that matter…)
That is a pretty good description of Hey Duggee and I think such a dark ride would work although I would prefer something with a higher capacity. My mind has come up with a story where Duggee takes the children to Alton Towers and they all get lost and you have to find them all again (and get a hide and seek badge or something).
Where's Roly? Is he on The Smiler? No, he's hiding behind the Oblivion hole!

Edit: (continuation from Chessington thread)

Last edited:
Bringing back on an thread, but it seems the TV channel CBeebies is having a makeover this week, they’ve posted a video on their socials saying it’s getting tweaked logo and bugs. Could that mean CBeebies Land will have a minor update soon?

3F9E430B-3D15-49CF-B9D5-7FC07DC38263.jpeg

Bringing back on an thread, but it seems the TV channel CBeebies is having a makeover this week, they’ve posted a video on their socials saying it’s getting tweaked logo and bugs. Could that mean CBeebies Land will have a minor update soon?

3F9E430B-3D15-49CF-B9D5-7FC07DC38263.jpeg
Towers won't be happy, they just added a load of the "old" style bugs last season 😅