• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington Accident

Having read the statement from the child's mother is just seems a rather strange incident. There is certainly more to this story than meets the eye.

Out of interest, does anyone have a picture of the part of the queueline where this happened?

Islander said:
As far as I can see, Tomb Blaster isn't listed as closed on the Chessington website - anyone know if, therefore, it's reopened?

On the homepage with the scrolling banner, it says 'Tomb Blaster will not be operating till further notice.'

Does anyone know if Chessie have staffed station at Tomb Blaster's entrance informing people the ride is closed? Just wondered what they were telling people...

I would imagine someone would be there unless the staff have been moved to other park areas in the meantime. :)

From the facebook page:

YET ANOTHER CHILD INJURED AT YOUR PARK THROUGH YOUR LACK OF MAINTANANCE AND DUE CARE AND ATTENTION YOOU NEED TO BE CLOSED DOWN MY SON HAD HIS FRONT TEETH SMASHED OUT AND MOUTH SPLIT AT YOUR PARK BECAUSE OF LACK OF MAINTANANCE AND YOUR WORKERS LACK OF ATTENTION

And from the same person:

he is ok thank yoou guys but due to the accident he had thier he is now awaiting a brace and had to have 7 teeth removed in all of his baby teeth because of the incident , my son was on the bouncy play equipment where it stated clearly no teenagers the worker who was watching over the ride allowed a group of older teens onto it and they jumped on my sons head and laughed and continued jumping even after i was screaming at the worker to get them of by this time i was on the equipment holding my son with blood all over myself and him , chessingtons answer was heres a couple of magnets and a few fast passes for you and yoour family on your next trip and the formal letter i received of apology was " sorry about the incident at your time in chessington we have looked into this and have retrained our staff " i tried to contact them numerous times stating this was not good enough response they like others have stated also ignored mycalls !

LaustithicEvent said:
From the facebook page:

YET ANOTHER CHILD INJURED AT YOUR PARK THROUGH YOUR LACK OF MAINTANANCE AND DUE CARE AND ATTENTION YOOU NEED TO BE CLOSED DOWN MY SON HAD HIS FRONT TEETH SMASHED OUT AND MOUTH SPLIT AT YOUR PARK BECAUSE OF LACK OF MAINTANANCE AND YOUR WORKERS LACK OF ATTENTION

And from the same person:

he is ok thank yoou guys but due to the accident he had thier he is now awaiting a brace and had to have 7 teeth removed in all of his baby teeth because of the incident , my son was on the bouncy play equipment where it stated clearly no teenagers the worker who was watching over the ride allowed a group of older teens onto it and they jumped on my sons head and laughed and continued jumping even after i was screaming at the worker to get them of by this time i was on the equipment holding my son with blood all over myself and him , chessingtons answer was heres a couple of magnets and a few fast passes for you and yoour family on your next trip and the formal letter i received of apology was " sorry about the incident at your time in chessington we have looked into this and have retrained our staff " i tried to contact them numerous times stating this was not good enough response they like others have stated also ignored mycalls !
I'm not sure why, but I doubt that that is true. We probably would've heard about something otherwise.

It probably did happen, not all the accidents at theme parks make national (or even local) news. I can think of at least a couple of incidents at Towers that apart from whispers on forums never really got out...

Maybe, John, but surely an incident of this alleged severity would've made headlines.

Jonathan said:
Maybe, John, but surely an incident of this alleged severity would've made headlines.

You'd be surprised.

Unless someone is dead or in hospital fighting for their lives the press couldn't care less about incidents at theme parks. It's sad, but that's how the British press work, they want something dramatic, something they can inflate to create more of a drama.

In it's own right the news is just a drama. Created to get the audience on the edge of their sofas, begging for the next delivery of news.

Many incidents such as that one posted on Facebook, while serious to the family (and poor child) in hand, they do not create much of a stir for the press to inflate it.

Pretty sensationalised even if true, but and I think that rather than shouting at the staff in that situation you'd be rushing to your son's aid.

3/10 - see me.

I come back from chessy today, and tomb blaster is shut and being guarded by staff to the right of the entrance where the bridge it up from the floor on the first bit, it fenced off with the we are making improvement to chessy fences, i wonder if it was there? gonna try and find a pic but i couldn't take one at the time

This is where the fence is:
tomb.png

John said:
It probably did happen, not all the accidents at theme parks make national (or even local) news. I can think of at least a couple of incidents at Towers that apart from whispers on forums never really got out...

Reveal all please :O Didn't someone say a while ago Oblivion stalled in the hole? Or is that just tosh.

That link doesn't work for me. But, erm... Fat chance in hell that ever happening unless the shuttle completely fell apart in the tunnel and wedged in the tracks