• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Foxes are one of the few animals (along with humans) that kill for the fun of it, they don't even need to be hungry....

You can't get mad at the fox, they'll just win you over with cuteness!

bfcf40e5a7b18809c21c2f9ea5765456--puddings-into-the-wild.jpg

It's a foxes nature I'm afraid, Chessington need to make more of an effort to keep their animals safe especially if the rumours are true that it's happened previously.

Foxes don't kill for fun, if they did all the penguins would have been killed.
They tend to kill as much food as can be eaten in the next week or so...before it gets too rotten.
They go back to the scene to reap more of the harvest over time if it hasn't been cleaned up.
Love em.
And penguins.
Sad nasty nature in the flesh I'm afraid.
And if the penguins weren't in the park...

If you have ever seen a fox jump then you will know it's extremely hard to stop a determined fox. I've seen them jump my 7 foot fence. They always find a way to get into somewhere.

I've literally seen a fox run vertically up a rather tall shed.

Nevertheless, aren't the penguins locked inside for the night?

Does anyone have any specifics on where the enclosure was breached?

Text taken from South Park FB page

Chessington World of Adventures Resort have submitted amended plans for Tiger Falls, the redevelopment of part of Mystic East.

The new plans see the removal of the tunnel which would have passed over the drop of the flume, meaning two of the tiger enclosures will now be separated by Tiger Rock. This change means that the enclosures have also received a minor re-design. Changes have also been made to one of the viewing shelters to make it more in-keeping with a safari theme.

Since when has Dragon's Fury had a weighing station for riders before boarding and why does Spinball have no such thing?

Fury has had a weighing station since at least 2010. Its been there as long as i can remember. They only tend to use it with groups on the larger side though.
Have you ever watched how much the lift hill wobbles when a cart goes up? More than I think is normal

To be completely honest, it was my first time on Fury. I never saw the point in going on it due to having Spinball at Towers and Fury almost always having a ridiculous wait time.

They used he weigh station for every single car today. No more than 3 average sized adults would be able to ride on a single car. Is this normal?

The lift hill has always wobbled, linked to the original temporary structure and also because sometimes structures need to wobble to reduce stress fractures inside (much like with buildings in earthquake areas)...

Fury always used to be 3 adults before the scales, I guess it was to kind of give an indicator? It's stupid though, which is a shame given how good Fury actually is...

I'm no chessington expert but the weight things is probably more to do with over running the brake sections as MS had a habit around the time Dragons Fury was built of making brake runs too short (hence why spinball reduces to max 3 guests in the rain.

Thought this would be the best place if any to post this (and forgive me since its a shameless promo), but i've been working on a little something for a while and it's almost finished. Hopefully some of you will like it!

Spinball wobbles just as much as Fury.

It is odd how theses two rides, both owned by the same company, are run so different to each other. Spinball eats it's queue in comparison to Fury slowly digesting us.

Staff numbers, Fury has maybe 3 in the station doing loading including the batcher (I've not seen more that four this year), Spinball had six on an off-peak day doing the same job.

Plus Chessington don't allow people to go into the station now until the existing riders have cleared the exit gate and it closed, many a time earlier this year were we told to wait at the scales until the people getting off the ride had collected their bags and cleared the gate, made even worse when the ride op then needs to do a height check before letting you on (instead of doing it while you waited in the queue or simply using the common sense of kid is taller than fence so doesn't need checking), my son is 1.6 but they still insisted on checking his height.

All this means they then have to stop the car in the station and wait for you to board, causing the existing cars to stack on the brake run.

It may have improved since our last visit but double that with a generally very different attitude from staff down south and it's easy to see how operations are so different.