• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Also compare those industrial black fences at Chessington to the photo of Roy feeding the tiger where the fences are mounted on wooden supports much more in keeping. What would have stopped Chessington using wooden posts, maybe even carving some to look like Chinese/Indian/Asian style (I'm not sure what theme they are going with). Or doing it properly and copying Disney Animal Kingdom and building some temple ruins or abandoned building theming at ground level.

Alton Towers have put proper rockwork theming on some of Wickerman's concrete retention walls, but the evidence so far is that Chessington can't be bothered to try. Unless they are going to add rockwork/walls around the windows and embed the fence, but this seems very very unlikely.

22490095_10154993539047032_1822982498515944578_n.jpg

This photo has been posted on the MAP Facebook group.

I thought the point of this was that the ride would interact with the tiger enclosure, so you bobbed past the tigers in your boat. That picture is from around the old Eclipse/Samurai site, isn't it? If that's where the tigers are going it'll have nothing to do with the ride itself.

I thought the point of this was that the ride would interact with the tiger enclosure, so you bobbed past the tigers in your boat. That picture is from around the old Eclipse/Samurai site, isn't it? If that's where the tigers are going it'll have nothing to do with the ride itself.
That’s just part of the enclosure, the tigers will go up the side of the flume and then walk over top of you as you go down the drop. They have an enclosure the other side of the falls as well.

Chesplans0607-2.jpg

The tiger walk over the drop was cut from the final design. You can see it's gone in the planning revision. Was an unrealistic idea anyway!

Hopefully they at least do the Tiger Rock bit on the flume drop obviously minus the Tiger walkway though.

budget cut or someone actually used their brain and said what’s the point?

Hopefully they at least do the Tiger Rock bit on the flume drop obviously minus the Tiger walkway though.

budget cut or someone actually used their brain and said what’s the point?
I think they are. Not sure, though.

So with the Tigers able to be in one of three connected enclosures, only one of which is adjacent to the ride, the chances of seeing one from your boat at all seem slim!
Even then there's a large expanse of water between you and them.
This whole project seems dumb.

Chessington really have lost their way.... used to be a great little park. Shame.

Another good idea which is being poorly executed. Feels like another anti Merlin rant coming on so will just leave this post where it is.

"It's a unique experience"
"Has this been done anywhere before?"
"It's been done in a America but this is a European First"
Definitely works for Merlin :p

Seriously the promo looks good, hope it looks as good as the concept pictures :)

I can't even tell what I'm looking at, it looks like a paper craft sheet to me.
They're pre-vis elevations of the station. Top is the side you enter from the queue, bottom is the side you board the boats. The station will be remarkably improved if the finished product turns out like the concept, excellent they are taking more a wider look at the ride rather than just the drop.

The whole ride has long been in a poor state. Some nice pictures shortly before opening give an idea how much it's changed.

BTPA post

I remember the ride very well like this and it was very jarring when the mountain was removed, the space felt totally bare. Most the area has looked like a building site after the rest was demolished. It needed work to be up to construction spec today, but they had plenty of opportunity in the last 20 years to rebuild it.

Last edited: