• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

There were the beginnings of the station being 'refurbished' to fix parts for this winter, and some rumours floating but as usual it never got off the ground. Although I dont think the audio being put back is anything to do with the refurbishment rumours.

Room on the Broom opens tomorrow, and passholders have had access to the attraction today. Here's a walkthrough from Coaster Touring:

What a lovely little attraction! Well done Chessington!

I sort of skipped through the video because, you know... Chessington... Merlin... expectations...

However, what I did see seemed to be one of either:

-Dark halls, with 90s starcloths and twirly blue disco lights
-Screens
-Worst trammel refurb. Ever.

I'd say that this is better than the Imperial Leather Bubbleworks, because that was a true abomination...

This is, ok, but nothing more... It'll likely end up like HPH did with many effects dying and run throughs being quicker and quicker...

Though seeing the responses from the invited mobs reminds me why I'd never be able to run a semi successful theme park related blog...

From being on park yesterday..
We queued over an hour for ROTB yesterday only for it to “break down” and get evacuated so never actually got to experience it.
I know it’s the start of season but having 4 attractions closed due to “unfinished winter maintenance” really isn’t that great.
Also the park looks like it could really do with a bit of a clean. Burger kitchen was filthy and the seats were falling apart and everything could do with a lick of paint.

How can a walk through attraction breakdown? o_O

I haven’t watched any videos yet but I’m assuming it was some sort of effect. The staff kept telling us it was a crutial part of the attraction that they can’t operate without. However, it was amazing to see how many people in the queue actually thought it was a ride :confused:

The park has needed a good clean for the past 20 years. It is also very regular for them not to have the rides ready for the start of the season.

New year, same problems. They never learn (or don’t care).

One major issue I noticed from that video is that they built the final scene directly after the mirror maze in which you are being frantically chased by a dragon resulting in everyone walking right past it...because that was a good idea wasn't it!

Anyway, I think this attraction could really have used a story alteration to put the dragon encounter after they rebuilt the broom, so the (actually quite good) broom rebuilding scene could act as a preshow to the dragon maze which could lead out the exit...like Hocus Pocus Hall!

It is a small year capex investment. Room on The Broom is aimed at children aged 3-6 years.

It may not be, yet again, the revolution we would like to see with regards to investment at Chessington, but to see grown men criticizing it without having experienced it is quite amusing.

It may not be, yet again, the revolution we would like to see with regards to investment at Chessington, but to see grown men criticizing it without having experienced it is quite amusing.
Yeah, I wish the social media vultures wouldnt take videos and flash (ugh) photos of something before anyone even has the chance to see it themselves, especially when what children are going to be watching YouTube??

Although I am interested to see how it's turned out, because this would be the first time I know of a Merlin park opening a small walkaround without a big gimmick, would be nice to see if they've pulled it off. Ive avoided looking at the media of it. It's not for me but I hope to be pleasantly surprised..?

Hocus Pocus wasn't a classic but it was a fun, unique kids attraction (and the small capex attraction of its day). Will this be better?

Last edited: