• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

The queues at Chessington this season have been poor. Last weekend I noticed there were 60-90 min queues for pretty much all attractions, even things like Room on the Broom, Kobra and Tiny Truckers. It was two hours for Tomb Blaster. Meanwhile at Alton Towers the queues topped out at 1 hour with most in the 20-40 region.

Is Vampire still on one train? On my last visit the other trains were still in bits.

Edit to add:
The TripAdvisor reviews aren't looking great either. Almost as bad as Legoland!

Last edited:
The park just does not have the capacity for large crowds. Asking people to queue for over two hours to go on Zufari (especially when the water effect in the cave isn't working) is a crime against humanity.

Vampire was at least on two trains.

Vampire is now operating on two trains. The queue is tedious and rarely under an hour especially with fastrack at 50% capacity and four rows dedicated to RAP.

If it was operating on one at any point then it would have been a mercy to just close it.

I wonder what's causing the long queues? I've spent the last week at WDW and the longest I've queued for anything is just over 2 hours for Flight of Passage! Take into consideration that WDW is the most visited theme park resort in the world; maybe WDW is just quieter than normal and Chessington is just busier than normal?

I wonder what's causing the long queues? I've spent the last week at WDW and the longest I've queued for anything is just over 2 hours for Flight of Passage! Take into consideration that WDW is the most visited theme park resort in the world; maybe WDW is just quieter than normal and Chessington is just busier than normal?

Or, Disney know how to run a theme park efficiently, and Chessington don’t.

The queues at Chessington this season have been poor. Last weekend I noticed there were 60-90 min queues for pretty much all attractions, even things like Room on the Broom, Kobra and Tiny Truckers. It was two hours for Tomb Blaster. Meanwhile at Alton Towers the queues topped out at 1 hour with most in the 20-40 region.

Is Vampire still on one train? On my last visit the other trains were still in bits.

Edit to add:
The TripAdvisor reviews aren't looking great either. Almost as bad as Legoland!

Wow truly shocking reviews on trip advisor, was looking before the season stated and it was on 4.2 odd. Lego land is even worse pictures of mouldy food from food and beverage locations too!

When there are queues of over an hour for something like Tiny Truckers, you know there’s something seriously wrong.

Even with best will in the world Truckers barely gets 200pph (and that was BEFORE fastrack)...

Vampire has 4 rows for RAP now? Jesus wept that's a mess...

I don't think I could visit the place now, I'd just become an angry ball of rage to see it operated like utter turd...

I'm heading down tomorrow to experience the poor operations myself, any suggestions on which rides to do early in the day before the 2 hour ques build up
Good Friday! It will be hell on Earth!!! Saying that my Birthday always falls around Easter and I remember in 1996/7 we drove to chessington to find it full at 10am and turned around at the gold course as ques stretched to M25 junction.

Good Friday! It will be hell on Earth!!! Saying that my Birthday always falls around Easter and I remember in 1996/7 we drove to chessington to find it full at 10am and turned around at the gold course as ques stretched to M25 junction.

I'm traveling to see my parents and its on the way so thought we would drop by. Otherwise wouldn't bother going with it being the easter weekend as I am fully expecting dire ques

Vampire and Gruffalo are on early ride time from 9am for hotel guests so they will already be stacked by 10am. Maybe start with DF and straight to Kobra.

Good luck.

We arrived just before 10 and got straight in the queue for Vampire. It was a 40 minute wait (although we did queue extra for the front row) - which wasn't bad at all considering the queue times later on in the day.

Vampire and Gruffalo are on early ride time from 9am for hotel guests so they will already be stacked by 10am. Maybe start with DF and straight to Kobra.

Good luck.
Cheers I think this sounds like a good plan. Looks like most stuff is on 60-120 mins today so tomorrow expecting most rides on 2 hours plus. Myself and my partner both have merlin annual passes so we aren't too bothered if it's a write off...

If the ques are that bad we will swap over to Thorpe. Is vampire still on one train?

What time are you arriving? If you arrive too late you might find the car park (or even the theme park) has reached capacity.

Oh dear....
db2808253d5b647c474ae7168244132c.jpg