• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

They have extended ride close to 7pm, so that’s something I suppose.

Like most Merlin parks they need to add extra capacity in almost all areas, rides, food and drink, shows etc.

They also don't have any rides with high capacity. What's the highest throughput ride at Chessington? Maybe Vampire at about 900pph on a good day? But then if you take a third of it for Fastrack... it all feels very "PortAventura-ish"

Add some decent family thrill attractions with good capacity and they might find it helps when the park is busy. That would, however, require investing in the park properly.

Queues that long are a shambles. Merlin need to invest heavily in new shows and attractions, eliminate fastrack on rides which clearly can't cope with the crowds, and reduce the park capacity to a level where everybody can still enjoy the park.

None of this will happen of course.

That is incredible, so on a day like today your not going to be gettin on more than 3/4 rides? Whats catering like these days? Back in the day we used to go to McDs, in Transylvania. With the quick que (no customization) you could get your food on a busy day in about 3 minutes. I would expect with burger kitchen you add a 0 to it and pay double?

The park must surely be busy to some extent, as Dragon's Fury and Rattlesnake both have theoretical throughputs of roughly 900pph. I think Vampire and Gruffalo even have throughputs of roughly 1200pph!

We’ve just spent 3 days at Chessington and the queues were atrocious. It’s RAP that’s killing it.

Room on the Broom, for example, lets 2 families through the main gate, then 2 through the RAP and so on. It does 12 tours an hour at max 15 guests, so it’s only shifting 90ish non RAP punters an hour.

The biggest RAP group we saw was 9! Avg was about 5.

The park must surely be busy to some extent, as Dragon's Fury and Rattlesnake both have theoretical throughputs of roughly 900pph. I think Vampire and Gruffalo even have throughputs of roughly 1200pph!

Fury typically gets 500
Vampire 650
Rattlesnake maybe 200-300
That's before you take out the fastrack/RAP allocation

Operations are definitely the main cause of these nasty wait times.

On a typical day this season, the major attractions at Chessington will pull:
Vampire, 600pph
Fury, 500pph
Tiger Rock, 800pph
Gruffalo, 650pph
Kobra, 400pph
Tomb Blaster, 500pph
Scorpion Express, 550pph
Zufari, 500

Compare that to a possible 1100pph on Vampire (3 trains), 1000pph on Tomb (5 trains), 1000 on Zufari (5 trucks) and 700 on Fury, and you see where the problem arises.

EDIT:
Fury and Rattlesnake have never pulled those kinds of numbers. Gruffalo will never get above 700. Ever. And Vampire has probably pulled north of 1200 only a handful of times since the trains changed.

Just to add to the throughput discussion, as advice as much as anything, Gruffalo seems to be by far and away the best ride at shifting people at Chessington. Maybe that's because there's no real way of running it at a reduced capacity like virtually all the other rides are.

The entire queue line for that ride should only take a maximum of 45 minutes even accounting for RAP and fastrack, yet it is almost always advertised as 60-120 on days like today like everything else.

That's your best bet on a busy day (besides just going home). It's the "best" in a group of terrible options, but at least it's a genuinely good ride with a slightly shorter queue than the rest. Obviously Rameses Revenge is your other good choice as the queue is always short. I'd also recommend the zoo but frankly it gets so busy on days like today that it would practically be gridlock with little chance of seeing anything, I hate zoos but on a peak day at Chessington the caged animals are probably having a better day than paying customers!

The gruffalo queue seldom takes longer than 40 minutes. For most of this week, it’s been less than 25, but the app has shown an hour.

In fact, the app has shown mostly inaccurate times.

And don’t get me started on the announcements ofnqueue times to those at the back of the queue from 5pm onwards. I know staff will want to get home to their Xbox’s and PlayStations, but it’s pretty obvious when they’re lying. Some fell for it, and left the queues.

Even Rameses had a 45 minute queue when we went. Is there a reason they leave half the seats empty or is it just terrible operations? I have a feeling I've just answered my own question there.

Christ knows. Vampire had a couple of rows on each train not working. Rameses might just be people either wanting to get wet or wanting to stay dry, so waiting for the next ride.

It only seemed to go up about 5-6 times an hour.

Vampire on 3 trains got about 1100 on a good day a decade ago, but back then you could actually do your job of platforming rather than interact with guests or do ridiculous checks...

Busy days back then were 15k, dread to think how many they're cramming in now...

Having a 2.5 hour queue for your biggest attraction is shambolic, let alone 2 hours for Room on the Broom, which has a pph of what, 100?