• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Garbagedale appear to be refurbing the second hand new flume.

To be fair, it wouldn't surprise me if they did open it in this condition:

72178289_1576136289196144_2499742559081857024_n.jpg

Last edited:
Went to Chessington today. It was actually a very good day out considering how depressed the park has usually made me since adulthood, however, I can’t help but feel bits of the park have been left to rot, making most areas feeling very shabby.

the park was very empty. Longest queue was vampire at 20 minutes! Was this due to the bad weather or is this how the park is these days? I’m used to vampire being at least an hour wait.

lastly, are there any details for what’s happening with the Black Buccaneer? Signs say it’s not going to be operating in 2019, (suggesting that it may operate in 2020), but the mechanism that makes the boat swing is completely absent. As far as I was aware, the Black Buccaneer is being binned right? Speaking of binned, anyone know what’s happening to Remmy? Bin or is it getting sent off somewhere?

Last edited:
Went to Chessington today. It was actually a very good day out considering how depressed the park has usually made me since adulthood, however, I can’t help but feel bits of the park have been left to rot, making most areas feeling very shabby.

the park was very empty. Longest queue was vampire at 20 minutes! Was this due to the bad weather or is this how the park is these days? I’m used to vampire being at least an hour wait.

lastly, are there any details for what’s happening with the Black Buccaneer? Signs says it’s not going to be operating in 2019, (suggesting that it may operate in 2020), but the mechanism that makes the boat swing is completely absent. As far as I was aware, the Black Buccaneer is being binned right? Speaking of binned, anyone know what’s happening to Remmy? Bin or is it getting sent off somewhere?
Rameses Revenge is actually currently for sale on a ride sales website; whether that is for use as a ride again or for spare parts I'm unsure, but it definitely looks to be for sale!

Glad to hear you had a nice day; sounds like ideal conditions for visiting with the crowd levels! It's 5 years since I last visited Chessington and I kind of think I should go back soon!

I’m not sure how I would have felt on a busy day, but it was definitely not as bad as I thought it was. I’m sad that things have changed, particularly in the way of theming, but after so long, it was actually nice to see the lingering ghosts of the park. Go back soon before it’s unrecognisable.

P.S Go on Toadies Crazy Cars. How that ride is still operating I don’t know, but it’s fantastic.

P.P.S Got a link to that sale site @Matt N ?

Can anyone tell me what this building in *cough*Transylvania*cough* Wild Woods is supposed to be?

https://ibb.co/fnwpXDs

I always refer to it as a gatehouse but I’m not entirely sure that would be correct. Also, what is its purpose? There seems to be a way in underneath in the form of a very loft-esqe style door, but I couldn’t imagine how anyone would get up there.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place, but does anyone have the old Bubbleworks enamel pin they’d be willing to sell? (The one with Professor Burp and the Cola dog.) I’m afraid I have become a voracious pin collector since the release of the Rodeo and Safari Skyway pins... :oops:

I just can't believe (well I can, it's Merlin) that they're literally just re-painting a cheap 30 year old ride and branding it as new. How do they get away with these things.
I just can't believe enthusiasts still don't understand that the target audience for this ride don't know it's 30 years old, let alone care. Nor can I understand how people don't understand the appeal of IPs to the youth.

People said the same with Gruffalo. There's not much to 'get away' with if you're giving people what they want.