• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I absurdly love the marketing Chessinton now have for this year.

Look at our re-themed new area.
Look at our re-themed new car ride.
Look at our re-themed new frog hopper.
Look at our nicked from elsewhere within the Merlin portfolio and refurbed new log flume.
PLUS look at our re-themed new IP based family flat ride.

I think it's safe to say Paulton's Park are spending more money on one area than Merlin are spending across their entire UK portfolio.

Looking at the plans for the 2021 drop tower set to replace Rameses with its Crocodile theming etc it would appear the plan is to extend this Rainforest area out into Forbidden Kingdom next year.

This will leave Tomb Blaster out on a bit of a limb, perhaps that is the next ride up for a retheme/replacement?

A refurb making it into an Aztec temple would tie it all back together quite nicely.

Looking at the plans for the 2021 drop tower set to replace Rameses with its Crocodile theming etc it would appear the plan is to extend this Rainforest area out into Forbidden Kingdom next year.

This will leave Tomb Blaster out on a bit of a limb, perhaps that is the next ride up for a retheme/replacement?
The drop tower is Egytpian themed, the crocodile is meant to be the Egyptian god Sobek, this is also the working name of the ride on the plans submitted.

Doesnt necessarily mean Tomb will last long. Id rather it shut and sit there doing nothing than let people see it in the current state, it's embarassing what's happened to one of the best dark rides aboot!

A while back Garmendale posted another update on their blog about a refurbished log flume. Which may or may not be going to Chessington:

https://www.garmendale.co.uk/blog/log-flume-refurbishment/

There's quite a lot of interesting stuff on their blog in fact, worth looking back through.

Looks like Merlin put a lot of business their way. Refurbs of Tiger Rock and Bubbleworks at Chessington, behind the scenes zoo projects, rides at Towers and Lego parks etc.

A refurb making it into an Aztec temple would tie it all back together quite nicely.

I used to love Egyptians things as a nipper, so I’ve always been wary of a change to tomb blaster, but I think I would actually love a retheme to an Aztec Temple... that being said... my faith in Merlin to do anything justice has plummeted significantly...

Well that's definitely going to be advertised as new then isn't it. At this rate the park will have about 10 new rides for 2020 without actually buying anything :tearsofjoy:
Despite the fact that the park hasn't necessarily bought anything, the log flume they're getting is new to the park, and once you factor in all of the rethemes alongside that, then 2020 is shaping up to be one of the busiest years of recent times at Chessington!

If it's a whole new one I bet it'll have a way of pinning you to the seat! Be great to end the adult in the edge seat faff, and hopefully a lower height restriction, but without out if seat floaty times it's all a bit pointless.

I’m not sure where abouts at the park this is, but it’s safe to say it looks hideous.

6GnJ4T6.jpg

Original tweet.