• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Great to see they've re-vamped (lol) the Vampire station.

I thought we would see it close in the next couple of years but hopefully this means it's not going anywhere for a while.

Dreading the day Vampire is bulldozed. One of the most important coasters we've ever had in Europe and even now it's still one of the best themed.

Great to see they've re-vamped (lol) the Vampire station.

I thought we would see it close in the next couple of years but hopefully this means it's not going anywhere for a while.
Usually this kind of 'not quite' refurbishment means it is planned for closure in the future, but they want to give it something at least for its last few years, but not commit to a proper budget.

Bit like Tomb Blaster, it had that terrible half revamp a few years ago. But now it's getting another one, probably a bigger planned refurbishment got delayed yet again so they're giving it another crotch to prop it up 5 more years.

I wish British parks would just commit to doing things properly, do a full restoration and maintain your rides, or do a total redesign for something new.

Usually this kind of 'not quite' refurbishment means it is planned for closure in the future, but they want to give it something at least for its last few years, but not commit to a proper budget.

Bit like Tomb Blaster, it had that terrible half revamp a few years ago. But now it's getting another one, probably a bigger planned refurbishment got delayed yet again so they're giving it another crotch to prop it up 5 more years.

I wish British parks would just commit to doing things properly, do a full restoration and maintain your rides, or do a total redesign for something new.
Hopefully when it does eventually close for good they'll give it a big send-off, like an event or something.

This looks like a massive step in the right direction. People have commented on it having new effects but I can only make out the original ones?

This looks like a massive step in the right direction. People have commented on it having new effects but I can only make out the original ones?
People have commented all sorts, others have said actually it's not finished and still doesn't really do much.

The same fan sites promoted the last Tomb Blaster redo as well making it out to be a huge transformation. It's the usual enthusiast hype, I'm gonna wait til it's finished and go see in person.

I had high hopes that they could go all out on theming and make a simple flume interesting. But instead welcome to world of brown fences with a couple of animal statues.

I had high hopes that they could go all out on theming and make a simple flume interesting. But instead welcome to world of brown fences with a couple of animal statues.

I think this new 'land' said very lightly is just naff. It's been built in a small space which is fine but that means it shouldn't be hard to theme it properly. It's literally just a field with some picket fences. It's nothing like a Rainforest. What annoys me the most is the flume was themed well in the first place.

Thumbs up for installing two new decent rides.
Thumbs down for plonking them in a field.

It looks like it's got nice landscaping around it, which should only grow over time! For a small investment, I think it looks perfectly fine.

Chessington seem to be trying to refresh and refurbish a lot recently, but unfortunately many just look a bit too much like they went to the garden centre rather than a high quality finish. Just having moving animatronics like Jungle Cruise on the river rafts would have made a big difference.

It might look a little naff, but its nice to see that they are doing something, unlike Thorpe. Id take a refurb ofer a SBNO any day. And dont forget they have the new drop tower coming next year, hopefully

Chessington is a bit rubbish now isn't it.

Somehow every time they invest the park seems to get worse.

Unique.