• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I included Lorikeets as I put that they'd free space up to create a new themed land by Wild Asia. They can be found in Australia so I figured they'd easily fit in. Not that any of it matters anyway! :p

It is coming along quickly, although I am wondering wether the piles of mud we are seeing will actually be part of an enclosure, If you look at the plans there is a phase 3, which looks like the area we see in the photos could be...

SafariTrailCopy_zps93d77639.jpg

Zufari9_zps931da571.jpg

If you look I don't think that what we are seeing will actually be part of the ride, it looks like it will be phase 3 and a bit of Back of house, so maybe it is more ready than we know? Thoughts?

I think one of the reasons why they've been hitting capacity everyday now is because the guests might be thinking "Oh Chessington is busy today, we'll go tomorrow" (hoping it'll be less busy). The obvious reason is that only a small portion of the park is open and and since it's half term, it's likely to hit capacity real quick. However today is not the best weather, and it just proves how popular half term can be at Chessie.

Themeparkmania said:
Zufari is confirmed to open on the 20th March. Although it is not confirmed to open on the annual pass weekend.

Well, I'll be riding it on the 15th of March, so, that to me says it'll be running on AP day. :p

I can't see how this will be completed to a decent visual standard by mid-March. Either it is going to be very barren/building site ish forever, or they will be working on it after it opens.

Tom said:
I can't see how this will be completed to a decent visual standard by mid-March. Either it is going to be very barren/building site ish forever, or they will be working on it after it opens.

The grasses on the site and various planting will take time to grow, so the ride will get better with age. There is also plans to add more animals on a couple of years.

They need to get a shift in if it's gonna be open for AP day... It's still about 50 different sized mounds of dirt right now...

Harder to judge than a regular ride granted, and like most new rides it will be barren but almost exceedingly so just due to the high amount of space that has been messed around...

5 jeeps of 30 people if not already mentioned, which for Chessie assuming a 10 minute go could be the second highest throughput on park...

Benzin said:
5 jeeps of 30 people if not already mentioned, which for Chessie assuming a 10 minute go could be the second highest throughput on park...

It's expected to do 1000 per hour. Well, that's the plan :)

Merlin/Chessington have stated that Zufari will not be open on the AP days:

Chessington AP days booking page said:
You will be able to get a glimpse of our amazing new safari animals as they settle into their new surroundings in ZUFARI but please be aware the ride will not be open on the day.

:)

Chessington have just updated their Facebook banner thing to this:

549251_10151462509864035_1093632600_n.jpg

Also I didn't notice that they'd posted this last October:

69776_10151207943489035_317262246_n.jpg

Tell us if what you think, should Chessington have a mascot? Did you like Dr Chessington?

Are Alton Towers bouncing this idea around too? Sounds interesting anyway. Shame that Dr Chessington isn't too popular on Facebook. I can't see why people think he looks weird. :/

Thought I recognised that guy:

1995 Park Map

I would like to see the park have a mascot and it would be cool if it is a mix between Profesor Burp and Sir Algenon. But I don't think this is the best of times to bring back Dr Chessington, maybe it's just me but he does look a bit like Jimmy Savile.

I can't help but think that Dr Chessington comes across as slightly sinister in that advert. He strikes me as the kind of bloke Dr Kelman might hire as his right hand man.

Popped down to Chessington today, was pretty good. Fairly busy for a zoo day, which is pretty good to see.

The new Burger Kitchen is now open, it doesn't look too bad, but it could be better.
860087_4683895819333_1122484222_o.jpg

883895_4683896539351_1295253696_o.jpg

882137_4683901659479_1378914876_o.jpg

886144_4683903939536_1877530617_o.jpg

The Giraffes were playing around too!
858950_4683913979787_1385638970_o.jpg

885087_4683914739806_1930530065_o.jpg