• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Looking at that picture I'd say delaying opening was definitely the right move. Presumably delaying/cancelling the press event wasn't an option though.

Lol, cheSinGton buZz
ChessingtonBuzz said:
The event has been cancelled due to the poor weather effecting the parks maintenance regime, which has lead to the park being in an unsatisfactory manor for opening.
So bad weather has caused a government to put the park in a boring mansion. :twirly:

Zufari looks like a construction site because it kind is still a construction site. Once open I am sure they would have done something to make it look better, but the landscape will take a long time until it actually looks anything like a savanna. Rides always look bare when new anyway.

The problem is, animals are really temperamental. Riders may complete the circuit and not see a single animal, which is unfortunate because there isn't anything else to look at currently. ..Oh dear.

More photos from Chessie Buzz:

734638_537373269636724_239908851_n.jpg

486553_537373556303362_1116822436_n.jpg

Strong looking theming here, very authentic.

577876_537374479636603_1301906769_n.jpg

NOPE.jpeg

542658_537375079636543_733867144_n.jpg

Pre-show

269310_537377492969635_852376960_n.jpg

Very smart platform.

26346_537380276302690_652647469_n.jpg

156751_537386136302104_1083078031_n.jpg

Looks a bit underwhelming, as others have said.

Edit: Chessie Buzz have said they'll upload their video when 150 people like this status, so get liking. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFUQasY3stA#

There's something so very 'merlin' about this. The entrance is almost identical to the Swarms, just african. It's a fairly authentic vague vision, but it's got none of the smaller details which make something believable.

I'm still looking forwards to my first ride, as obviously I haven't seen the final product, but at the moment I'm concerned. :/

Jared said:
Been on it then Sam, have you?

Nope, hence the phrase "looks a bit underwhelming" rather than "is a bit underwhelming". Given that you run a Chessington fansite, I'll wait for a more impartial review. :)

Sam said:
577876_537374479636603_1301906769_n.jpg

NOPE.jpeg

This makes me want to vomit.

I have to agree, this does look like it could be a bit of a flop. I'll have to wait to ride it before I pass a definitive comment but as Sam said, at the minute it looks like it could be very underwhelming :/

Wow. A few photos, and then apparently it's awful.

Well done you lot, you excel yourself.

Luckily, I wait until I see more, or see it myself, before I'll judge.

I think it looks quite promising, given time for planting to grow and bed in. It's another symptom of Merlin not starting builds early enough but I can see this being a great family ride.

Pictures only tell half a story and Merlin love cattlepen queues.

On a more moderator note: can we not start a turf war in this thread. Many thanks.

Dave said:
On a more moderator note: can we not start a turf war in this thread. Many thanks.
I'm on the CB team as well, and I side with Sam on this one. This looks like a joke. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0yvHJCp8po#ws

And there I was thinking this would be our version of Kilimanjaro Safari/Rhino Rally. I'm a tad disappointed to say the least from the look of it so far, hardly a spectacular finale. But with that said, I suppose they probably still have things to add to it yet and it's not a finished product. Time will tell.

This doesn't look too bad to me, certainly pretty much what I was expecting. I'm sure on a sunny summer day when the planting has settled in, it will look nice enough. It's not Disney, but I really wasn't expecting that. Given that its aimed towards a family / children's market, I'm sure it will be a huge hit.

Danny said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0yvHJCp8po#ws

And there I was thinking this would be our version of Kilimanjaro Safari/Rhino Rally. I'm a tad disappointed to say the least from the look of it so far, hardly a spectacular finale. But with that said, I suppose they probably still have things to add to it yet and it's not a finished product. Time will tell.

Kilamanjaro Safari has changed a lot over time, I can see this doing the same.

I believe the term best to describe this is, unfinished...

Very, VERY unfinished...

I sense this will have a few changes over the first year...

Am I the only one that doesn't think it looks too bad?

Sure it needs more work, but then it's pretty much what I expected. I like the finale too, I think it's spectacular enough. It could do with a few more things to make it look a bit more African. But on the whole I think it looks pretty fine in all honesty.

Are there more animals due to be added too? Or are all the animals now inside the enclosure?

Given how long this project had been rumoured, it probably would have paid for them to landscape it at least 2 years before building the attraction. That would've allowed for a more natural environment to be created.

It does look awful, and in places it looks like there has been no attempt to get plant life growing. However, it should develop over time. In its first few years, Eden Project was just as bare

Well it looks OK. I hope the animals will get used to the vehicles coming and going and not remained stressed by them as they obviously were in the video.