• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Tried to get Annual Pass discount at the Smokehouse and was told they don't do it anymore for alcohol (new management). Is this a change due to Aramark or just an uninformed member of bar staff? He didn't seem overly convincing when I pushed it.

years ago alcohol was listed as an exclusion for the discount even though they gave it.

But this page doesn’t state excludes alcohol so I think the staff were wrong.

The Mexican place at Chessington reckoned they didn't do annual pass discount anymore at the end of last season at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Didn't back down either.

I think there are either untrained staff or a ridiculous and confusing policy in place across that park.
The Mexican is now Tortilla branded so there may not be any discount as it’s a franchise.

The Mexican place at Chessington reckoned they didn't do annual pass discount anymore at the end of last season at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Didn't back down either.

I think there are either untrained staff or a ridiculous and confusing policy in place across that park.

It is quite inconsistent. Some brands like Tortilla don't offer AP discount, at least they didn't when we went last year (thought it was awful to be honest and probably won't be going back), but the Ben and Jerry's shop do. They should put signs outside every restaurant and shop letting you know before you get to the till.

It doesn’t take much to put a little badge on the signage or in the window of shops that says they offer the discount, it would stop a lot of the confusion. I noticed the burger shop in mutiny bay at AT had a merlin pass logo on their menu to indicate you can get discount there. Seems like an obvious thing to do across the board.

Edit: It’s also easy advertising for the merlin pass “look, if you have a pass you can save up to 20% on this over priced food!”.

Last edited:
We went on Thursday and had this email on Wednesday...

Dear Adventurer,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you to Britain’s Wildest Adventure this week! Ahead of your visit we wanted to update you on our expected ride availability.

Due to unforeseen circumstances the maintenance and safety checks for some of our rides have been delayed. Our team have been working round the clock to get everything ready for our season start, but unfortunately the following rides and attractions are unlikley to be available for your visit: Seastorm, Tiger Rock, The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure and Monkey Swinger.

However, we’re planning for all of our other rides and attractions to be open and of course all of our animals will also be here to welcome you – so there’s still plenty day of wild fun to be had!

We do appreciate this news may be disappointing so as well as welcoming you this week you will:-
- be given, on arrival, a £5 per person* voucher to spend at the Resort on food, drinks and retail purchases
- be contacted after your visit and given a £15 Share The Fun voucher (per passholder) to use at Chessington World of Adventures Resort in 2022!

ROARSOME Regards,
The Chessington Team

We do appreciate this news may be disappointing so as well as welcoming you this week you will:-
- be given, on arrival, a £5 per person* voucher to spend at the Resort on food, drinks and retail purchases
- be contacted after your visit and given a £15 Share The Fun voucher (per passholder) to use at Chessington World of Adventures Resort in 2022!
I didn't receive either of those two things.

I didn't receive either of those two things.
As we went in there was 2 people on the gate, 1 who was scanning passes and the other person giving out the £5 voucher.

Not sure about the "Share the fun £15 thing" we haven't heard anything but unlikely to use them anyway.

We had a good visit to CWOA, nice family park with some excellent theming, different choice of food outlets was nice - would love a Smokehouse at AT.

Hi can you foresee Timber Tug Boat sailing back into operation with a custom paint job? I can only hope Trawler Trouble is more customised than Timber Tug Boat was. It would take next to no effect to repaint,add theming and a sountrack. The Rockin Tug at Tayto Park in Southern Ireland had a complete refurbishment a few years back. I'm also crossing my fingers that Seastorm receives an overhaul and a relocation of the que line away from Adventure Point. My main hope for the new Shipwreck Coast is that the Pirate Theming surrounding the Blue Barnacle is retained. Could the refurbishment see the upper half of the area be renamed Shipwreck Coast,and the lower retaining the Pirates Cove name? After all Blue Barnacle is a Pirate Ship and such Ships dock in Coves. If this were too happen Chessington could theme the Watermania around Pirates. This would actually fit the with the rides design. The spinning Cubs could become Beer Kegs and the Central Lighthouse the lookout point for the Pirates. If my theory contains any truth Shipwreck Coast and Pirates Cove will have 2 rides each. Please share your views. Chessington have previously created sub areas within areas. A great example is Scorpion Valley within Mexicana.

Also I have read this Online "The gruffalo River ride has gained a new permanent queue line extension after high demand in the last season, and the ride itself is having an overhaul so it won't be open till at the earliest mid-end of May". Could this mean the projections and screens are being ripped out in place of Physical Theming?

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt they’d rip out the screens in Gruffalo and add static themeing. It was a nice balance between physical and projections.

I’m sure they added a “perm” if that’s what you want to call it queline a year after it opened?

I’m sure they added a “perm” if that’s what you want to call it queline a year after it opened

The one that sits on the old buggy park? Yep been there a few years, long enough to already need be repained last season, which it was.

The new bit of queue line is the bit down the side of the building in the old bit of land where that building built down. I think they added it for covid using rope and it was really awful. Now they’ve made it a bit more permanent with proper posts and stuff in the ground.

According to Chessington Buzz, Dragons Fury is set to be rethemed to 'Zog's Magical Flight' for the 2023 season.

Now this obviously seems like the perfect April Fools prank, but in Twitter/Facebook comments, they're adamant that it's not, saying that it's merely a coincidence.

The park have begun construction on a metal shed around the ride's break run, which was previously assumed to just be for maintenance purposes, however Chessington Buzz claim this is for a dark-ride scene at the end of the rethemed ride.

I have my doubts as the concept art seems pretty rushed and generic, but the article states this is because Zog is a 'very last-minute change to the ride'. No idea why they'd need to get the concept art out this quickly? 😂

The article also discusses a full repaint of the ride over the 2022 season, which I've also heard from other sources, so I can more or less get behind this aspect at least.

What do we think? Is Zog flying into Chessington or is this all a big wind up?
If this is a joke, you've got to give it to them - it's certainty very creative! FULL ARTICLE

According to Chessington Buzz, Dragons Fury is set to be rethemed to 'Zog's Magical Flight' for the 2023 season.

Now this obviously seems like the perfect April Fools prank, but in Twitter/Facebook comments, they're adamant that it's not, saying that it's merely a coincidence.

The park have begun construction on a metal shed around the ride's break run, which was previously assumed to just be for maintenance purposes, however Chessington Buzz claim this is for a dark-ride scene at the end of the rethemed ride.

I have my doubts as the concept art seems pretty rushed and generic, but the article states this is because Zog is a 'very last-minute change to the ride'. No idea why they'd need to get the concept art out this quickly? 😂

The article also discusses a full repaint of the ride over the 2022 season, which I've also heard from other sources, so I can more or less get behind this aspect at least.

What do we think? Is Zog flying into Chessington or is this all a big wind up?
If this is a joke, you've got to give it to them - it's certainty very creative! FULL ARTICLE

My money is on that being a very elaborate and well done April Fools joke by Chessington Buzz. For a start, I can't see why CWoA would give a popular family-thrill coaster a kids' IP. 😳😂