• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Presumably because most of the ride time is spent sat on the brake run. Never fun to be stuck for ages out of cover when it's raining or blazing hot.

They should probably build a maintenance shed too whilst at it.

I imagine it’s so it can be ran better when wet, as currently when it rains it’s only 3 (or 2 adults I think) per car, making the throughput awful, I believe because there’s a chance they can slide through the breaks when heavy, so I guess by covering up the break run they can hopefully run it to full capacity

Am I right in thinking that Dragon's Fury has a static but separate onload and offload, unlike Spinball which has a rolling station? If so, could Fury's station be being upgraded to a rolling one?

Am I right in thinking that Dragon's Fury has a static but separate onload and offload, unlike Spinball which has a rolling station? If so, could Fury's station be being upgraded to a rolling one?
Though I'm not sure how much space the station takes up, and how restricted it is, if there's little free space, it might be a challenge to do that.

Not sure why they would waste their time and money to do that, to achieve nothing. Operations have always been dire when ever I’ve ridden it at chessie. Often with every car stacked up on the break run. As far as I know the shelter is just to keep it running better in the rain.

I guess it might also help the techies doing work, as they don’t have a maintenance building for the ride.

Dragons Fury was rolling through the station on my last visit. Got out the car while it was still moving. I think it was @John who said it's probably just the operations being so poor that makes it look like it has separate offload and onload due to constantly stopping.

The cover over the brakes is probably just to keep it from overrunning brakes or slipping through the tyres when they get wet. I can't imagine they'd add it just to keep riders dry... they're not that altruistic!

Right, this poster could have done with some proofreading. Not only have they spelt physical "pyshical" but they have said the Standard Reserve and Ride reduces the queue more then the Express Reserve and Ride despite being £25 cheaper. I'm guessing they actually mean 25% off the queue time instead of 25% of the queue time, that could get them in trouble if they are not careful.
Edit: this comes up on the Reserve and Ride websiteScreenshot_20220410-092616.pngOh dear, I have a feeling this is not going to end well...

Last edited:
This is an interesting system and I imagine has been made to use the same system as there new RAP. Integrating it all might work better, this seems like a good idea.
Hopefully it goes well and we will see it launched at other parks as to me it seems like a better system then the current fastrack system.

This is an interesting system and I imagine has been made to use the same system as there new RAP. Integrating it all might work better, this seems like a good idea.
Hopefully it goes well and we will see it launched at other parks as to me it seems like a better system then the current fastrack system.

It’s the standard Q-bot system. Legoland and other parks have been using it for years. Lowest tier allows your to wait outside the queue then incremental reductions of the wait time the more you spend.
It’s more that RAP has been integrated into the Q-bot/ reserve & ride system.

I guess with a digital system, it should help spread fastrack out, and stops the old problems you get with the paper fastrack which didn’t have times, when everyone arrived at the same time to ride a ride. With this system I guess there are limits (or there should be) on how many people can reserve a ride at a time.

I guess with a digital system, it should help spread fastrack out, and stops the old problems you get with the paper fastrack which didn’t have times, when everyone arrived at the same time to ride a ride. With this system I guess there are limits (or there should be) on how many people can reserve a ride at a time.
Plus guests will probably only be able to reserve one ride at a time, like Disney's Genie system.

As has already been pointed out, this is simply a rebranded version of the Legoland QBot system that has been around since 2008. It’s not come about because of Genie+.

The ability to pay different prices for different tiers which reduce the virtual queue length by varying amounts make it very different from the Disney system.

We've got a very nice construction update on the new area and the new entrance (which I had completely forgotten about)

So we've learnt that the best place to view construction is from canopy capers. Ground work is coming along nicely with footers sighted. Focus shifts to the new entrance at around 4:50. Whilst I love the topiary and the more open plan layout, I agree with Shaun that the pavement needs redoing, perhaps crazy paving might work for that area. They've still got a few weeks to go on that entrance so they could still surprise us.