• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

It's interesting to me how Chessington Buzz in particular always throws an extremely positive spin on... well, anything the park does at all. Even the tarmac wasteland of an entrance got praised for "lots of attention to detail, and incredible theming elements", or words to that effect.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're paid by the park just to promote all of their new projects on a positive note. They know people aren't a fan kf the changes, but they'll keep that happy facade up to encourage people think it is good.

I'm actually really surprised no one is heavily talking about Merlin using Bubbleworks name to market it and make the area popular. They know people still missing Bubbleworks, they know they removed a fan favourite. Now they're slapping its name on a building on a new area to the park because they know it'll bring in guests, and i bet you those guests will be greatly disappointed when they find out that the building has nothing even remotely related to Bubbleworks.

Cruel, but genius...

I wouldn't be surprised if they're paid by the park just to promote all of their new projects on a positive note. They know people aren't a fan kf the changes, but they'll keep that happy facade up to encourage people think it is good.

I'm actually really surprised no one is heavily talking about Merlin using Bubbleworks name to market it and make the area popular. They know people still missing Bubbleworks, they know they removed a fan favourite. Now they're slapping its name on a building on a new area to the park because they know it'll bring in guests, and i bet you those guests will be greatly disappointed when they find out that the building has nothing even remotely related to Bubbleworks.

Cruel, but genius...

It won’t bring in guests as guests won’t know there is a sign there until they arrive at the park so no chance of any disappointment. They’ve slapped the name on because they know it will impress fansites such as Chessington Buzz, that’s it.
Most guests will arrive and then maybe while queuing notice for the new ride the sign and think “oh they named that laundry after the old ride” and that’s it.

It won’t bring in guests as guests won’t know there is a sign there until they arrive at the park so no chance of any disappointment. They’ve slapped the name on because they know it will impress fansites such as Chessington Buzz, that’s it.
Most guests will arrive and then maybe while queuing notice for the new ride the sign and think “oh they named that laundry after the old ride” and that’s it.
I know it won't make guests want to come to the park, I'm just saying that Merlin want this new area to be busy with guests for it to be a success, and putting names of old rides on new facilities feels a bit cheap to be frank, but it will bring guests attention to the area just because of that, for some that it.

I know it won't make guests want to come to the park, I'm just saying that Merlin want this new area to be busy with guests for it to be a success, and putting names of old rides on new facilities feels a bit cheap to be frank, but it will bring guests attention to the area just because of that, for some that it.

no one is going to ride Bobbing Barrels (think that's what its called) just because there is a building themed to a laundry called Miss Bubbleworks.

no one is going to ride Bobbing Barrels (think that's what its called) just because there is a building themed to a laundry called Miss Bubbleworks.
You're right, the average guest won't, like I said, Merlin don't want you to ride it to be a success, they just want the area busy, and will do so by any means to achieve that, that including getting the attention of a Chessington fanboy, just because a building has Bubbleworks written on it.

You're right, the average guest won't, like I said, Merlin don't want you to ride it to be a success, they just want the area busy, and will do so by any means to achieve that, that including getting the attention of a Chessington fanboy, just because a building has Bubbleworks written on it.

You are overthinking this.

Someone thought it would be a nice tribute to an old ride, thats it. They don't care that much about fanboys. Yes they know fan sites would be first to notice it, but they are not the target.

You are overthinking this.

Someone thought it would be a nice tribute to an old ride, thats it. They don't care that much about fanboys. Yes they know fan sites would be first to notice it, but they are not the target.
Well, I hope I am proven wrong by this.

Didn't they already have a grave for Professor Burp near Transilvania?

Are parks not allowed to honour previous attractions in small ways to remember them by. Disney do it all the time, I know they are on a different level but the principles are the same. I fail to see how they are doing this just to appease fan sites.

Last edited:
Plenty of parks honour previous rides/attractions in their parks.

Usually done with more subtlety and finesse than putting BUBBLEWORKS on a sign though. Especially when it doesn't make much sense as someone's name.

But that would require the parks to put in some more effort than the bare minimum.

In regards to Zufari, if they hadn't spent whatever money they'd wasted on the pre show CGI monstrosity they might have been able to put some more money on the DANGER CAVE. Alas, budgets got slashed and we got a low quality attraction.

Whenever a UK park does something new it often looks good partly because we’re used to seeing things that look tired and faded. This certainly will add some more colour to that area of the park. It does also look good considering it’s obviously been done on a tight budget.

That’s the problem with a lot of Merlin’s attractions though. They look good, considering they’ve been done on a tight budget. I suspect the designers of this new area have done a reasonable job with what they had. I do like the humour, the tributes to old rides, the colour, the flags etc. But when you look at the zoomed out photos, it does look a bit cheap.

Wait, the poorly themed underwhelming "cave" in a shed scene on Zufari is now gone? Since you don't ever see any animals on it, what the hell would be the point in anyone going on it now? If I want a bumpy car ride I can just drive down a local country lane. At least I'd see some sheep and cows along the way and won't have to be restrained with a lapbar.

Whenever a UK park does something new it often looks good partly because we’re used to seeing things that look tired and faded. This certainly will add some more colour to that area of the park. It does also look good considering it’s obviously been done on a tight budget.

That’s the problem with a lot of Merlin’s attractions though. They look good, considering they’ve been done on a tight budget. I suspect the designers of this new area have done a reasonable job with what they had. I do like the humour, the tributes to old rides, the colour, the flags etc. But when you look at the zoomed out photos, it does look a bit cheap.

Although it’s not amazing I still think this area is an massive improvement in terms of theming to what they did with the rainforest area. One thing that bugs me is that they have decided to add the new theming to the main building and not sort the rotten wood and flaky paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although it’s not amazing I still think this area is an massive improvement in terms of theming to what they did with the rainforest area. One thing that bugs me is that they have decided to add the new theming to the main building and not sort the rotten wood and flaky paint

Can't see the picture sorry mate :/

I think they have decided to theme it as a old seaside area so they can keep the peeling paint and rotten wood 😂

Here's the Blooloop article, featuring some concept art.
The park will be implementing animals into the experience.
"Animals to feature in the new land are Bagot goats, who will reside around Blue Barnacle, and black rats, who will live in a new enclosure at the entrance to Trawler Trouble."