• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Could the 7th airgate be for staff to stand behind when the ride is in operation? Obviously it’s a launch coaster, so it could just be for safety?
There are separate staff refuge areas marked on the plans, at the end of the station.

Quoting the image again. It shows the staff refuge areas and specific exits for each platform. The seven air gates on each side are for guests.

1661102842117.png

Do we know if this is going to have a baggage hold or not? Would seem a sensible decision but whether they've added one of not I don't know.
That's a good question. Would baggage cages be marked on the plans of they were going to be used on the platform?

I want to make clear that I have the utmost respect for the guy and everything he's achieved and I'm as big a fan of his as anybody. But why are we hanging on a quick throwaway comment from John and making it into something it likely isn't?

You must remember his audience the other night. At one point, he seemed to misunderstand that someone was asking about an RMC. He then went on to basically, politely, say that he thought RMC's were crap and then after that got a cheer from the crowd when he suggested that Merlin could be considering one. Has he ever ridden an RMC? Does he genuinely not think much of them? Is Alton getting one soon and he had to to pretend to not let the cat out the bag? Who knows.

He'll know stuff that we don't, has a room full of excitable enthusiasts to entertain and has to be careful about what he says. Who knows what he meant? He could have been sensing the lack of love for this boring, low capacity coaster and thrown the comment out there to defend it slightly. He could have had his head somewhere else whilst excited eyes were stating at him. He could be referring to the addition of an extra row, faster to check retaraints or a new super duper baggage hold they have planned.

I don't think a quick passing comment meant we're getting 50+ rider trains or some secret compilcated turntable. It's 1 train, 7 rows, 28 riders and is a shuttle coaster. It'll have crap capacity and loads of RAP and fast track holding back the main queue like every other ride at Chessington. End of, as much as all of us don't want it to be true.

The guy who designed Velocicoaster and Parque Warner's upcoming Batman coaster has become Project Director for Merlin Magic Making so I think it's going to get more exciting soon.
Is that so? Where did you find that out, out of interest?

That’s very exciting, if true!

The guy who designed Velocicoaster and Parque Warner's upcoming Batman coaster has become Project Director for Merlin Magic Making so I think it's going to get more exciting soon.

Yes it really is. Typical that news is announced after a negative comment.

Also interested on what John B has stated .... gotta to be haunted house related

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... I've been informed that Nathan Graveson is likely to be a troll who tricked people into thinking they were an Intamin designer.

If you search "Nathan Graveson Intamin" into Google, the first thing to come up is the profile of a CoasterForce Forum member named Intamin Forever: https://coasterforce.com/forums/members/intamin-forever.47106/about

This is relevant because indexed in the search result was an indicator that their forum signature used to say "Nathan Graveson"...

Also, it was later discovered that VelociCoaster's layout was designed by Keith McVeen, a Universal Creative employee, rather than anyone named Nathan Graveson:

From having asked on CF (I genuinely believed this person to be genuine), they apparently have somewhat of a reputation on there for telling tall tales, and it would appear that this was one of those. Because another CFer who knows Merlin employees said that their employee friend checked the Merlin employee database... and noone called Nathan Graveson works for Merlin.

Sorry to mislead, folks... it appears my lie detector was broken. I do sincerely apologise...

Last edited: