• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

The topic of Vampire being raised in this thread does raise a couple of questions for me. Not necessarily related to a retrack per se, but related to Vampire.

In terms of the suggestions of it being retracked some time soon; was it retracked at all during the 2002 refurbishment, or did the 2002 refurb not touch the track and instead focus solely on the trains and computer system? A whole year seems like a very long time for the ride to be closed if it was only having a train replacement and computational overhaul, but there could be something else I’m missing.

Also, why did Vampire need revamping in the first place? I’m aware that it was down to some kind of issues, but I must admit that I’m stumped by how Vampire V1 had such a short shelf life given that most other Arrow Suspended Coasters (Bat V1 at Kings Island aside) are either still operating with the original trains and no problems (Iron Dragon, Vortex, The Bat et al) or operated happily for multiple decades with the original trains and no problems before being removed simply due to the need to build a new ride (Big Bad Wolf). What was unique to Vampire that made it have such terrible reliability woes compared to the other Arrow Suspended Coasters?

The real question is, is he Passionate about Theme Parks??
Well he follows TowersStreet on Twitter 😂

Back to chessie I always feel the Christmas event is awful at chessie, for a pack which could actually open every single ride during the winter (maybe just keep the water rides closed) I find it quite embarrassing that they only have about 10 rides open and the zoo. Also with the removing of their feb half term event, I see no reason as to why they couldn’t open pretty much the whole park. LEGOLAND Manage this for Christmas.

Well he follows TowersStreet on Twitter

Back to chessie I always feel the Christmas event is awful at chessie, for a pack which could actually open every single ride during the winter (maybe just keep the water rides closed) I find it quite embarrassing that they only have about 10 rides open and the zoo. Also with the removing of their feb half term event, I see no reason as to why they couldn’t open pretty much the whole park. LEGOLAND Manage this for Christmas.

The lineup at chessie it an absolute joke, Paultons are also able to run basically there whole ride lineup bar edge, Kobra and magma.

The consultation is now open!

Chessington Buzz posted pictures of the signs at the in person consultation.

Not sure it looks like enough slides really to be able to cope with demand. Other than the outdoor lazy river it seems much smaller than Cariba Creek at Alton towers. Not sure if it will be able to cope with demand. Feels like it should be opening with significantly more slides.
At least in this case, there is some future expansion room by the looks of things. One of the things that holds back Cariba Creek is that it is very limited in terms of places to expand to, whereas this does have some space around it by the looks of things.

What’s there looks decent if it turns out like the proposal. I think the key will be the future plans and expansion. I can see the demand being high for this and not taking long to hit its capacity.

They’ll need a clear medium to long term plan for investment and expansion if it’s to be a true success. Not to slap it down and call it a day like we saw with Cariba Creek.

At least in this case, there is some future expansion room by the looks of things. One of the things that holds back Cariba Creek is that it is very limited in terms of places to expand to, whereas this does have some space around it by the looks of things.
Cariba Creek did have plans to expand but never went ahead, they were going to add a funnel slide from the top where the outdoor slides are and then didn't go ahead.
I fear this would have the same issue of just feeling it is popular enough so why try changing.

Maybe that explains this visit to Rulantica back in 2019?

In a bizarre turn of events Nick Varney and some Merlin lot have visited Rulantia today.

f2fd5c8547a0e7429afb3d38856f80ea.jpg

Insert witty quotes now

The plans look Okay , I just hope that this is a phase 1 to see how it goes down and if popular it can be added too. Not sure if I’m a fan of the theme, could have been a new unique idea but I guess it matches the hotel theme.

1668603624838.png

Have to laugh at Therme being identified as a future competitor resort. They won't even be comparable in terms of quality.
...After looking at that map, Scotland needs another water resort complex instead of just one on that map!