• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I am pretty sure even Merlin wouldn't leave it in that sorry state. They probably had to remove it for a reason like the Loggers Leap tunnel at Thorpe. I am sure that they will replace them, the ride is shut for another 3 weeks, they surely wouldn't have done that if it was a quick removal job.

Also I know I will get a slap but I like the outside of the new Burger Kitchen, the inside is rubbish but I think the outside is more fitting that the other, Whilst I was there when they were removing all the vines the building was in a absolute state so it looks better in my opinion. Its just a shame they did't give Bubble works the same sort of colors scheme. I think that the Vampire should be painted that shade of Purple. Will be visiting in a fews days so shall decide if it looks better in the flesh or not.

Merlin are an embarrassingly shoddy company at times.

Leaving rides to rot. Shocking.

It'll be Nemesis next.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AstroDan said:
Merlin are an embarrassingly shoddy company at times.

Leaving rides to rot. Shocking.

It'll be Nemesis next.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I did mention this the other day as a genuine concern with what is happening, we all know that station is not looking its best shall we say right now.

My goodness. Can you imagine?

I think I'd retire from the forum till they rebuilt it or something ;D

Absolutely dreadful stuff all round. The Burger Kitchen looks like a fairground ghost train, and Dragon Falls, even worse. Such a shame.

Chessington really seems to be just a nasty bit on the side for Merlin nowadays.

Even if they're planning to re-add some theming - never should a rides theming be left to rot for so long, that it has to be removed. I know Tussauds were just as bad, especially with CWOA, but Merlin have been in charge for nearly 6 years now and should have this sort of thing sorted.

The number of attractions, particularly at Chessington and Alton Towers, which could use major TLC - is ridiculous. However, the budgets are just left year after year and they end up having to entirely remove the very things that cause these parks to be called theme parks in the first place.

It is diabolical.

I imagine it would've been a tough decision to call - I certainly wouldn't like to be the person who goes "Err guys, we need to replace the entire fibreglass on our attractions at an astronomical cost". Probably no-one in charge for that either.

Hopefully it returns, and hopefully they give better care to it.

DiogoJ42 said:
I won't be replaced, it's gone for good. :'(

Fresh_Tomato_Sauce.jpg
?

I've heard otherwise. If they really don't plan to restoring it to its original standard then I will personally sculpt new Buddhas and dragons for them, at some point in the future. Really.

Errr well that's pretty shocking. They had better replace that theming as it looks so awful without it there. I must admit though, even if it is being replaced I worry that it won't be to the same standard.

This makes me worry for Towers as well. We all know that Nemmy's station is in a real state, heck part of it fell down last year! I have horrible images of them taking all the theming off and replacing it with something that looks awful!

:)

A real litmus test for Merlin this one.

Sorry, after Burger Kitchen refurb I am not holding out great hope for it being replaced with anything remotely as good as what has been torn down.

They have removed some of the best theming we have in the UK, for whatever reason, if there was ever a great time to consult the geek kingdom for some ideas - NOW is it.

I am sending BigAl in undercover.

It seems strikingly obvious to me that this will be replaced, or has just been taken down for renovation etc.

480320_487720421282479_85966923_n.jpg

Ok, I give up. It looks awful.

That view across the water is part of my life and now I simply don't recognise it. As long as I don't actually visit Chessington then I can just pretend it isn't real. Even if it is replaced...

TheMan said:
if there was ever a great time to consult the geek kingdom for some ideas - NOW is it.
No way. Chessington was not designed by geeks/enthusiasts/nerds! It simply came into existence out of pure naivety, built by magicians and artists. This was not just "theming", it was... there's no word for it.

Anyway, innocence never lasts long in this horrible world! :twirly:

electricBlll said:
No way. Chessington was not designed by geeks/enthusiasts/nerds obsessed with RCT3! It simply came into existence out of pure naivety, built by magicians and artists. This was not just "theming", it was... there's no word for it.

Actually, being serious, I don't class Al as a geek in that regard. Al is an artist, he understands the subtle nuances that bring a ride to life. What happened here, was Chessington either had people who were passionate about it, or entirely fluked it!

It is possible I guess they took the lot away to actually properly refurbish as mentioned above, or has it in fact been demolished?

OK, that puts it into perspective.

I really do hope that they're planning to replace the rockwork, they've quite simply ruined one of the most beautiful rides in the country.

"Ruined it" suggests they've done it to be destructive. It is obvious that this a measure to improve safety or even the asphetics of the theming. It's abundantly clear that the theming's removal is part of the current renovations.

The uproar and swiping at the park/Merlin in this topic is out of place and lacking a pause for common sense, I feel.

If we knew for certain that the rockwork would be replaced with something equal to or better than what was there before, then I agree, we would be over reacting. But sadly, Chessington's track record in this department is not very comforting. Time and again, theming has been removed for "safety reasons", and simply left unreplaced. Or when they do retheme something, they stip all it's character and leave us with bland, uninspiring tosh.

John Wardley must weep when he sees these photos :'(

Oh god this topic has become an absolute soul destroyer.

And this is just the beginning guys, we havn't even seen pictures of the flume without the dragon cave yet or anything at all of the Runaway Train. I fear the worst is yet to come. :(