• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I think the sad thing to think is how little has really changed at Chessie in the past decade.

Beyond everything getting worse of course.

Wild Asia was 13 years ago!
Can't get behind that comment really. Quite a lot has changed. Not all for the better of course

Hocus Pocus Hall to Room on the Broom

Bubbleworks to Gruffalo

Pirates Cove to Shipwreck Coast - replacement boat Blue Barnacle and 2 new rides, Trawler Trouble and Barrel Bail Out

Market Square becoming Adventure Point and Adventure Tree carousel added

Rameses Revenge to Croc Drop

Zufari added

Mine Train to Scorpion Express

Azteca Hotel added

Glamping added

Mystic East to Land of the Tiger

It's not the greatest park at all but it's the one doing stuff at the moment.

Might not all be to our needs, it's a kiddy park really

Zufari was 10 years ago, so a decade has resulted in... 3 new rides, a reject from Thorpe, a leftover baby Flume from Weymouth Sea-Life, replacing dead attractions, retheming existing attractions with decaying theming and some resort stuff.

Just bad management of the park in general. Shouldn't have taken nearly a decade for the park to get a landmark attraction added.

Lots of doomsayers 😭

"Quite a lot has changed. Not all for the better of course"

Each to their own! It's a very average park close to London with a few decent rides. Not sure why all the hate. It's no Thorpe or Towers for sure

Each to their own! It's a very average park close to London with a few decent rides. Not sure why all the hate. It's no Thorpe or Towers for sure
Each to their own but Thorpe is also a very average park with a few decent rides, it’s just Thorpe is mainly thrills and Chessington isn’t.

The issue in part is the annual pass, more people visit what should be a smaller park really and expect it to live up to the same standard as Alton Towers on the annual pass when in reality CWoA can’t handle the number of guests the annual pass encourages.

Me and the wife love chessington. The rides are better suited to my wifes level of enjoyment she is not a thrill coaster fan. Never had a bad day at the park. The rides are fun and the animal/sealife centre parts are good.

We cannot wait for passholder day on sunday for the new area its going to be an awesome day
Hava a great day! What time do Passholders get access to it? The event for us comp winners starts at 10am.