• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Hava a great day! What time do Passholders get access to it? The event for us comp winners starts at 10am.
There are 2 timeslots. 1pm-3pm and 3pm-5pm. We managed tickets for the 2nd timeslot.

Please dnt do anything to make it breakdown we are travelling over 3hrs 1 way lol.

Itll be interestin how that banked turn up the spike will feel as you are in that position a decent time.

There are 2 timeslots. 1pm-3pm and 3pm-5pm. We managed tickets for the 2nd timeslot.

Please dnt do anything to make it breakdown we are travelling over 3hrs 1 way lol.

Itll be interestin how that banked turn up the spike will feel as you are in that position a decent time.
I'm travelling 3 and a half hours myself! Yeah I'm unsure as to how that spiral will feel. We'll find out soon, though!

I'm travelling 3 and a half hours myself! Yeah I'm unsure as to how that spiral will feel. We'll find out soon, though!
Obviously id expect you will get some freebies being contest winners but do you think there will be either any freebies for the passholders or any exclusive merch.

Never ever been to the opening of new ride/area so no idea what to expect

Obviously id expect you will get some freebies being contest winners but do you think there will be either any freebies for the passholders or any exclusive merch.

Never ever been to the opening of new ride/area so no idea what to expect
Not sure, but yes we get a goodie bag, £40 Magic Money and Ultimate Reserve and Ride on top of park entry and a ride on each of the new WoJ attractions (sorry to make you jealous!).

Yes, got an autoresponse about it taking "a few days", whatever that means. Seems they're cutting the ticket distribution a little close to the wire to me!

I replied yesterday evening and got a response at lunchtime today. Hope he hears back soon! What was the cutoff date and time for him though?

Not sure, but yes we get a goodie bag, £40 Magic Money and Ultimate Reserve and Ride on top of park entry and a ride on each of the new WoJ attractions (sorry to make you jealous!).

eiup2ddrt1301.jpg

I replied yesterday evening and got a response at lunchtime today. Hope he hears back soon! What was the cutoff date and time for him though?
😑

Odd; have you got tickets? I think they might have got a reply but they haven't been issued tickets/r&r yet.

I have posted another quote from an interview with Merlin’s CEO in the Towers F&B topic. I don’t intended on spamming lots of topics with quotes from the same interview but one section did pique my interest regarding Chessington and Jumanji.

When referencing the new area about to open it states:
World of Jumanji is the result of Merlin’s multi-territory exclusivity agreement with Jumanji IP owner, Sony Pictures Entertainment

The agreement will see a range of experiences being built across Merlin’s resort theme parks and waterparks in Europe (including the UK) and North America.

It has made me wonder if the new Waterpark at Chessington could come with a Jumanji IP? Towers has its Caribbean themed Waterpark and Gardaland has its Lego themed one. So it narrows down where this could be referring to a fair bit perhaps?

The artists impressions show a generic Jungle theme, so it’s not a huge leap.

IMG_4973.jpeg

Interview: https://www.attractionsmanagement.com/index.cfm?pagetype=features&codeID=36372

Waterpark consultation: https://www.cwoa-consultation.com/

Media day for Jumanji today ahead of passholders preview tomorrow; the kids have been waiting for this to open since they heard it existed 😂 (Rocket is literally only just 1m at the age of 5 so he's got a long wait for MM 😂). Looking forward to reviews! MAP passholder community admin shared the Jumanji hotel portal, which looks pretty cool! I've always thought Merlin do well with the hotels aimed at children, especially the premium themed rooms.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230513-075400_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230513-075400_Facebook.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 48
Media day for Jumanji today ahead of passholders preview tomorrow; the kids have been waiting for this to open since they heard it existed 😂 (Rocket is literally only just 1m at the age of 5 so he's got a long wait for MM 😂). Looking forward to reviews! MAP passholder community admin shared the Jumanji hotel portal, which looks pretty cool! I've always thought Merlin do well with the hotels aimed at children, especially the premium themed rooms.
Can't wait to ride it tomorrow, will actually be my first ever visit to Chessy as well. Looking forward to Vampire and Dragon's Fury.

Intriguingly, it looks as though Mandrill Mayhem has a policy similar to that of the Monorail at Alton Towers, wherein guests are not allowed to stand behind the airgates until the train has been unloaded: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...K4C99ZrM15D-_2DAm9YeZ2oSrCEzbM2VE95UdAodI&s=1
(Go to the 13:31 update)

Guests are batched into a pre-waiting area and asked to stand on numbered leaves that correspond to a row of the train, and when the train has stopped and been unloaded, I’m assuming that guests go to the row that corresponds to their numbered leaf.

Intriguingly, it looks as though Mandrill Mayhem has a policy similar to that of the Monorail at Alton Towers, wherein guests are not allowed to stand behind the airgates until the train has been unloaded: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://live.themeparkguide.biz/?live=WOJPL&h=AT0Xn3OzIi-QTTY0DjmgJBtULEkMNYknT7SsFM72s6KSRnSDpnQnUyXzJFivjN0hNX7BSujgUcbLB7uouINxyFK4C99ZrM15D-_2DAm9YeZ2oSrCEzbM2VE95UdAodI&s=1
(Go to the 13:31 update)

Guests are batched into a pre-waiting area and asked to stand on numbered leaves that correspond to a row of the train, and when the train has stopped and been unloaded, I’m assuming that guests go to the row that corresponds to their numbered leaf.
Surely they could have gone for full-height air gates then? Would save the faff. I'll report back on the loading process after my ride tomorrow morning.

Surely they could have gone for full-height air gates then? Would save the faff. I'll report back on the loading process after my ride tomorrow morning.
I could be wrong on what I said before, but that was what I gathered from TPG’s post.

It does seem like that would lower the throughput by a fair amount, but I guess that Merlin H&S could have thought that letting guests stand in a station where a coaster train is passing through at 45mph was a bit risky…