• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I’m nowhere near Chessington at the minute, and haven’t opened the app for months and months…but have just received this notification:

8c83aae5bbdc63ad84b30db158c4479a.jpg

Interesting idea, to advertise it far and wide to all app users…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are here today and Mandrill Mayhem closed all day. They didn’t even test it this morning. Very frustrating! I also for the reminder it was about to open for virtual queueing at 9.45 despite the ride not even opening. Talk about rubbing salt in our wounds while waiting to enter the park!!

Isn’t this normal for new rides though? They are always flakey. I remember being at towers the year Air opened and it didn’t like the rain so any slight drizzle and it stopped.

@Danscott22 it depends on what the issue was and when it was discovered. If it was discovered in testing this morning, contacting people that are halfway around the M25 on their way to park seems disproportionate.

Is the whole 'take to Twitter' a generational thing ? If I was at a park and wanted info or had a complaint, there are so many things I would do before Tweeting ? Theme parks are full of staff you can ask questions.

If you're at the park, you'd likely be using the app, looking a queue boards or going to the entrance manned by a host. Especially so, given the virtual queue implementation. No one is in the dark.

If you're at home getting mad about a ride being closed at a theme park you aren't visiting, I can't help you with that.

Not getting mad lmfao but there’s not really been any communication tbf just looking at people’s comments. Quite a lot of people use Twitter to ask stuff and what not whilst they’re there, maybe it’s a younger thing.

I’ll shut up now though because multiple people tell me off for pointing out an issue that communication could be better than just on an app.

This applies for everywhere but I clearly won’t say anymore

Is the whole 'take to Twitter' a generational thing ? If I was at a park and wanted info or had a complaint, there are so many things I would do before Tweeting ? Theme parks are full of staff you can ask questions.

tbf parks generally push people to contact them on social media for questions/feedback - I assume to take the pressure off the queue at guest services. When printed maps were still a 'thing' it was splashed over the Merlin park's maps encouraging people to get in touch that way for many years.

tbf parks generally push people to contact them on social media for questions/feedback - I assume to take the pressure off the queue at guest services. When printed maps were still a 'thing' it was splashed over the Merlin park's maps encouraging people to get in touch that way for many years.
Sure, it was a question. It definitely feels like that there is a place for that, but in this particular case (on park, with a specific question about a specific ride that has a host stood in front of it) ... it feels like a very inefficient way to get information or clarity.

Isn’t this normal for new rides though? They are always flakey. I remember being at towers the year Air opened and it didn’t like the rain so any slight drizzle and it stopped.

Not for B&Ms to be honest. Air was a big outlier on the new technology front, there's nothing groundbreaking about this junior wing coaster though.

Hopefully they are using the opportunity to put appropriate air gates in...