• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Least it means Paultons can advertise "ERT included in price" stuff soon.

Hilariously bad operations, so typically Chessie.
Paultons are not new to this party they have offered paid ERT/ meet and greet fo Peppa pigs world … its not cheapIMG_7358.png

Chessington’s big issue is capacity. The rides just aren’t fit for purpose. There’s really no excuse for that being the star of affairs only a few minutes after opening but this is just a standard peak day at Chessington. They’ve been allowing this to happen for years and nothing had been done, and now in 2023 they made the frankly bizarre decision to open a new coaster with pitiful capacity.

Compare that with Paultons who last year opened a high capacity coaster which literally never has a long queue and it makes Chessington’s operations look all the more shameful. They could have really done with a high capacity coaster to lighten the load from their other rides, yet weirdly they licked yet another coaster with a painfully low throughput. I’d love to hear the logic of whoever signed that off.

It seems to only run a couple of trucks these days !
There was only one driver working yesterday.

Also, the main queue for Vampire was shut, so fast track was turned into the main queue, whilst RAP was turned into RAP and fast track.

The app said Vampire was 70 minutes but it was honestly only 20 or so. It was also a busyish day (10K pre-book). Thought this was interesting regarding our conversation about fast track adding to queue times. I can only assume that the RAP queue was awful or that people didn't realise the main queue wasnt as long as it looked.

There was only one driver working yesterday.

Also, the main queue for Vampire was shut, so fast track was turned into the main queue, whilst RAP was turned into RAP and fast track.

The app said Vampire was 70 minutes but it was honestly only 20 or so. It was also a busyish day (10K pre-book). Thought this was interesting regarding our conversation about fast track adding to queue times. I can only assume that the RAP queue was awful or that people didn't realise the main queue wasnt as long as it looked.
Why was the main queue shut?

It was huge! I don't want to overreact but if the fence hadn't caught it, then it could have been life threatening to a child.

I wonder if the trees of vamp will get a serious trim as a precaution... Though I seem to remember something about the trees in that area being protected? Or is that another area?

Protected trees still need managing, and felling if they are in a seriously dangerous condition.
Pruning trees under a conservation order is perfectly fine...I've done loads.

Just to note, I have moved a number of posts from this thread to a newly created ULEZ thread, as discussion about the ULEZ is not really about Chessington. So please do carry on with it there, and leave this thread for all of your Chessington moans and groans, sorry I mean discussion!

I'm sure someone somewhere has some detailed construction photos to compare against; I am probably wrong but I don't think every mounting hole necessarily requires a bolt in it. Probably used when moving it like those bolts you get in washing machine drums or something.

If it's out in the public though I am sure it's probably already been inspected as they won't want another Carowinds