• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

These things can go either way.

Nemesis got a retrack

Wild Mouse got demolished.

Wild Mouse was rumoured to be demolished year after year until it happened...

Until we see a planning application or an announcement from the park, it's safe to say that speculation is going to go on ad infinitum. It'd be a different kind of complexity when compared to Nemesis - whilst there isn't a giant pit to deal with, Vampire is right on the parks boundary (see the Beefeater right next to the first lift) which would make planning tricky to obtain in my opinion, and as others have mentioned, Arrow aren't around anymore, so there'd be some interesting negotiations with Vekoma/whoever to craft a new type of track that not only fits, but has similar profiling.

Some great ideas in this thread though - enclose the lift, go all in on the theatricality and atmosphere without giving it a narrative per se, and perhaps alter the layout/train design to really emphasise the swinging. How Nemesis turns out will give us a realistic idea as to how a potential retrack on Vampire could go - for better or for worse.

I'm not sure Nemesis will tell us anything. The original manufacturer still exists, still producing the exact model. Vampire on the other hand was built using a ride manufacturer that doesn't exist, has some questionable transitions that need a reprofile, the current market leader would potentially need to redesign their track system and trains to fit the existing area or it would need major scenic works to keep clearance.

Just don't use Taziker or KumbaK, I beg.

If history will teach us anything to get things done slightly cheaper, they'll most likely will I'm afraid to say. Nemesis is a great exception due to its status and that as mentioned the company is still around.

I'm not sure Nemesis will tell us anything. The original manufacturer still exists, still producing the exact model. Vampire on the other hand was built using a ride manufacturer that doesn't exist, has some questionable transitions that need a reprofile, the current market leader would potentially need to redesign their track system and trains to fit the existing area or it would need major scenic works to keep clearance.

Should have cleared up that I was referring more to additional theming, effects, theatricality etc. - my doubts about that are for the Nemesis thread, but how they go about the redecoration of that would give us a few ideas as to the scale they could go with for Vampire.

Just in time for the park to close for winter! Need to get the theming on the tractor unit at the front though…

Means I might actually make the journey back down there again next year though!

I may be late to the party (I usually miss things!) & I don't want to be leading... but Chessington Buzz have 'teased' there will be permanent closures at the end of the season... I'm sure more will unfold in the fullness of time!
Screenshot_20231009-181133_X.jpg

They also shared a post regarding Vekomas future projects, stating they have 'a hunch' Vekoma have UK plans... I understand that fansites can be speculative most of the time but CB do seem to have some form of insider knowledge as they're usually very accurate! Could Vekoma be taking on a full re'vamp' (sorry!) in the not too distant 🤔

Screenshot_20231009-181500_X.jpg

Well that’s interesting. I wonder if it could be a case that they are getting Scorpion Express running for some last rides before it permanently goes?

And of course there’s Rattlesnsake which definitely a ride that feels like a bit of an anomaly at the park given its height restriction. Perhaps though neither of them will be the attractions to go.

Last edited:
Well that’s interesting. I wonder if it could be a case that they are getting Scorpion Express running for some last rides before it permanently goes?

And of course there’s Rattlesnsake which definitely a ride that feels like a bite of an anomaly at the park given its height restriction. Perhaps though neither of them will be the attractions to go.
My guess was either (or both) Scorpion Express/Rattlesnake too! I do wonder if Zufari is a possibility too, purely as it's such a huge space!