• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Some of our favourite family rides are Vekoma!

Even better:

ADCreHfr3Tb_UydUO98UbAWJ0YAydvH8klWhKESpo41C_5xyXhtBvnPREkuadS6niHh-LtgD5Tl2WzgSgxnp67CcfAop_dkodVRKDusAkSeiQJtofz3kPrcgz4GfqyifY3zKQVfJXrhzTnkvoS-k6RzZUZPUYXL9uCXVG4DHZAGxTi4q2C4ZuTjXKc8jZ-KbXHe7wJ8FqaXIiK70kPNO8-XJn_I20n5Ai5f2CAR22CnLU1vjMXsu1K-75Hi7iJMyBJ-mKT7Sgvw7up2c-7ulJqmLlOhi26UG4R7m5jlJdyHt9js3t8K_SMqvPDvsa-2ILTkiIBh_2rNOfdYDZ9YDz6ohMD5RlT4NZ3A0ZXmCOwj9g-jFwGQhAAiKs40ECEOIvEptAKg3CuuJmzcmL4UlusLhc1ngNRhmmz2SZiwNu_Wr_bLzt3Z9YNAdaM8J1-3-magvSqIMF1GiHNsYO3eBPOMebh0KHn_tQ5KmYstv0M4D9zGWLGAFgDFuk5GfMN9PMVpH5TxNUpqaeR_X52Z9JVCVCdzBP9HLqAxDkrkKwPl62zjhkbK8g98vk1KRDAw2ZgOlg-uptZaUKEkHNXpfEZtMKE58hKR4-ODKhwWye--P-Kfa9uZD85IERKALybkUoLRmxOaJUwlC3BL7aOGnTLhTBWvyuOxxbhVecGpcm_llz7neWCqI7mbNsNYr1lFcrJqXuAspFkIGwUFLnucypO645GrsCGuJRFq8O2b5d2_F6sTguRzHZE1ZwKiZRngMPQ5ITZBaR3RcmKUMzCSNT1l_iCe824yE9Dx1FKcFKy4-JKixZqUJ3el4JB-uSG5LiACkqFywIxPMKtbAbdUbPgGzSlK5MenRp-VYRyzaY5YRtiqlfcHwctFlNcIgd1059EL2okp4b9jGvJYDfa39PDWRKJfR4cA=w1284-h963-s-no

I may be late to the party (I usually miss things!) & I don't want to be leading... but Chessington Buzz have 'teased' there will be permanent closures at the end of the season... I'm sure more will unfold in the fullness of time!
I know they've hinted that this'll be Tiny Truckers' last season, so it may just be about that.

They also hinted that Vampire would close at the end of this season to be retracked in 2024 and then would reopen in 2025 for it's 35 anniversary, but we've seen no indication of this so far.

Even better:

ADCreHfr3Tb_UydUO98UbAWJ0YAydvH8klWhKESpo41C_5xyXhtBvnPREkuadS6niHh-LtgD5Tl2WzgSgxnp67CcfAop_dkodVRKDusAkSeiQJtofz3kPrcgz4GfqyifY3zKQVfJXrhzTnkvoS-k6RzZUZPUYXL9uCXVG4DHZAGxTi4q2C4ZuTjXKc8jZ-KbXHe7wJ8FqaXIiK70kPNO8-XJn_I20n5Ai5f2CAR22CnLU1vjMXsu1K-75Hi7iJMyBJ-mKT7Sgvw7up2c-7ulJqmLlOhi26UG4R7m5jlJdyHt9js3t8K_SMqvPDvsa-2ILTkiIBh_2rNOfdYDZ9YDz6ohMD5RlT4NZ3A0ZXmCOwj9g-jFwGQhAAiKs40ECEOIvEptAKg3CuuJmzcmL4UlusLhc1ngNRhmmz2SZiwNu_Wr_bLzt3Z9YNAdaM8J1-3-magvSqIMF1GiHNsYO3eBPOMebh0KHn_tQ5KmYstv0M4D9zGWLGAFgDFuk5GfMN9PMVpH5TxNUpqaeR_X52Z9JVCVCdzBP9HLqAxDkrkKwPl62zjhkbK8g98vk1KRDAw2ZgOlg-uptZaUKEkHNXpfEZtMKE58hKR4-ODKhwWye--P-Kfa9uZD85IERKALybkUoLRmxOaJUwlC3BL7aOGnTLhTBWvyuOxxbhVecGpcm_llz7neWCqI7mbNsNYr1lFcrJqXuAspFkIGwUFLnucypO645GrsCGuJRFq8O2b5d2_F6sTguRzHZE1ZwKiZRngMPQ5ITZBaR3RcmKUMzCSNT1l_iCe824yE9Dx1FKcFKy4-JKixZqUJ3el4JB-uSG5LiACkqFywIxPMKtbAbdUbPgGzSlK5MenRp-VYRyzaY5YRtiqlfcHwctFlNcIgd1059EL2okp4b9jGvJYDfa39PDWRKJfR4cA=w1284-h963-s-no
Not had the opportunity to ride Lech! Fly is another Vekoma I'm hoping to tick off next year. Would be great to see something like Lech at the park... perhaps to replace Dragons Fury!

I know they've hinted that this'll be Tiny Truckers' last season, so it may just be about that
You're right! Also on the Vampire topic, those restaints need to go asap, I'm not willing to get cauliflower ear again 😂

There are/were rumours of Vampire receiving a retrack for 2025, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that one be among the attractions on the list. Although I'd have expected to see a certificate of lawfulness or similar prior to Chessington removing it like we did with Nemesis, so maybe not...

In terms of what else, I'm not too sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Scorpion Express ended up permanently axed, although recent developments with it infer that it may yet make a comeback. And if Scorpion Express were to go, it wouldn't surprise me if Rattlesnake was also killed off at the same time, as it's a bit of an outlier in terms of height restriction and its demise could free up a fair amount of dormant land for a big investment...

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Rattlesnake closes this year. It is 25 years old, and its height restriction is an outlier at Chessington.

Even for Chessington, closing 3 coasters at the same time is too much capacity loss, surely?
That's a good point. The park struggles with capacity as it is, so I dread to imagine what it would be like if Mandrill Mayhem and Dragon's Fury were the only operating coasters...

Out of interest, is there any indication of what might be on the cards at Chessington for 2024? It's the only UK Merlin park where we don't actually know what their 2024 plans are, which is interesting!

Not had the opportunity to ride Lech! Fly is another Vekoma I'm hoping to tick off next year. Would be great to see something like Lech at the park... perhaps to replace Dragons Fury!

You're right! Also on the Vampire topic, those restaints need to go asap, I'm not willing to get cauliflower ear again

I definitely wouldn’t want to see Dragon’s Fury leave the park, it’s an excellent ride and seems to be very popular.

However though it does take up quite a large plot of space, and in terms of theming The Land Of The Dragons does feel a little bit tired. I wouldn’t be expecting it to go any time soon but you never know, you could get a very decent coaster there.

Zufari is an interesting one as it offers a very unique experience and is a great way to see the animals, but I wonder if it’s a bit of a costly attraction to run?

Zufari is an interesting one as it offers a very unique experience and is a great way to see the animals, but I wonder if it’s a bit of a costly attraction to run?
I do think Zufari should be high on the list for a revamp. Those safari vehicles are noisy and petrol-fuelled and really not in keeping with modern sensitivities around air quality and animal welfare. If I ran the park I'd be wanting to make it a less intrusive, cleaner and more sustainable attraction.

Also Danger Cave is just laughably terrible.

Having just installed Jumanji, I doubt they have any plans for new additions in 2024.
I know it’s likely to be a small addition given Jumanji, but it’s quite rare that a Merlin park goes a year without doing something new, so I’d have expected them to have something up their sleeves, even if it’s small.

Lol imagine if the whole "ride something before it closes" nonsense ended up being Truckers.

You could probably argue against most of the park's attractions being options for removal. Especially since most are older than the majority of users on here. Even Kobra is 13 years old now.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Rattlesnake closes this year. It is 25 years old, and its height restriction is an outlier at Chessington.
I doubt it, they’ve had significant issues with it and have spent a lot of time this season getting it up and running. They can’t afford to lose the capacity (albeit small) of this and Scorpion.

Never found Chessington Buzz to be that reliable in terms of what they report. Scorpion going would be interesting but they have literally spent over a year getting it going. Makes no sense. They will probably follow up with “but plans can change” like they normally do.

I do think Zufari should be high on the list for a revamp. Those safari vehicles are noisy and petrol-fuelled and really not in keeping with modern sensitivities around air quality and animal welfare. If I ran the park I'd be wanting to make it a less intrusive, cleaner and more sustainable attraction.

The vehicles will be diesel and sound awesome. Hellfire.

I heard Khan plans to install ULEZ cameras on this route as its in the ULEZ zone 🤣