• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

760511DC-A1A6-498F-8061-5B2B9F4EDE2A.jpeg
Are we going to pretend there’s not a massive skip outside tomb blaster? Something is definitely happening.
Lol, fan theories will never cease to amuse me.

Yes, there's a big skip. Yes, it could be something interesting. Yes, it could also be something totally and utterly boring and non-noteworthy, like the replacement of insulation or ceiling or something haha

The joy of a theme park skip...
I can't help myself just diving in.
Some of my best thoosie junk came out of skips, including the National winning post remains.
Often a very good one just north of the South Pier on the prom, and they have had quite a few on Watson Road under the Beach.

Last edited:
760511DC-A1A6-498F-8061-5B2B9F4EDE2A.jpeg
Are we going to pretend there’s not a massive skip outside tomb blaster? Something is definitely happening.
I'm not sure if this has been said already, but the reason it's closed is because the walkways, which are used incase of an evacuation, don't meet up to current safety standards, so it's probably just for the old stuff? Maybe?

I'm not sure if this has been said already, but the reason it's closed is because the walkways, which are used incase of an evacuation, don't meet up to current safety standards, so it's probably just for the old stuff? Maybe?
Fair, I do remember the office like ceilings at the end of the ride and before the Trommel seriously starting to bulge down.

Buuuuutt…
We know Merlin loves to only really fix things when they go and retheme stuff. We’ve already have repaints going on.

I’d put it to a coin flip

Buuuuutt…
We know Merlin loves to only really fix things when they go and retheme stuff. We’ve already have repaints going on.
Not remotely true? Any time that something becomes truly end of life it'll be replaced. Mostly it won't be 'wow' and 'sparkle', but things the public never see lol.

They've got the water park opening next year tbf.

Other than that they should probably focus on fixing everything else, especially if Vampire is ever going to get a re-track.

The Waterpark hasn’t even got planning permission yet, it’s been sat with the council crawling through the process since June, it’s very unlikely to be opening next year.

I know they had a big year investment wise in 2023, but I am still surprised there doesn’t appear to be anything new at all this season. In the past for quiet years they would often tart up part of the zoo and use that as the ‘new for 20xx’.

The Waterpark hasn’t even got planning permission yet, it’s been sat with the council crawling through the process since June, it’s very unlikely to be opening next year.

I know they had a big year investment wise in 2023, but I am still surprised there doesn’t appear to be anything new at all this season. In the past for quiet years they would often tart up part of the zoo and use that as the ‘new for 20xx’.
To be fair, there's still plenty of time to build a bug hotel.

Bit of a noob question but i saw on social media Chessington are doing a "passholder day".

Does this mean they're only open for people with annual passes?

If so, does this mean it would be a quiet day in terms of queues or heaving? And does it apply to all pass types?

Bit of a noob question but i saw on social media Chessington are doing a "passholder day".

If so, does this mean it would be a quiet day in terms of queues or heaving? And does it apply to all pass types?

Yes it’s just for passholders.

Generally these days are used as soft openings for the new staff to get up to speed, ride availability is often pretty poor with attractions up and down a lot since it’s the first time in months they have been operating for a day.

If you live down the road it might be worth popping in for a couple of hours, but if you have much of a journey to make I personally wouldn’t bother.

Twitter isn't deemed a necessary platform for businesses to be on anymore, such is the way with social media trends. They're also not the only Merlin attraction to have given up using it. Throw into the mix that they're taking social media into a more centralised location (rather than it being site-specific - as seen here with an advertised role), it's understandable.

No Vampire = no point. Looks like they will be down a few rides as well (sea storm/tomb blaster).

Pick any Sunday outside of school holidays or bank holidays.