• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Chessington is best visited at the start of the season or early October, assuming schools aren't on half term or something.

Our best day last year was Christmas Eve, felt like a private day almost with walk-on rides on Mandrill in the dark.

Lots of rides not open of course... but then that's a fairly typical experience any day of the year :p

Going from building a new B&M wing coaster one season to installing charity collection bins for your theming items the next is certainly a change of pace.
We might be missing the point here, as a child you would be so proud to have your toy car included in the attraction, this is obviously a project designed to bring some interaction with the guests. That it will do. It would not cost allot for merlin to buy the toy cars/trucks but engagement wise you cant match that.

Last edited:
We might be missing the point here, as a child you would be so proud to have your toy car included in the attraction, this is obviously a project designed to bring some interaction with the guests. That it will do. It would not cost allot for merlin to buy the toy cars/trucks but engagement wise you cant match that.

You are right and I may have been exaggerating my point somewhat for effect, and yes there would perhaps be a very small amount of kids who would visit on such a regular basis that they would donate their toys and go back to see them ‘in place’.

But personally I am still not sure that this is the look would I want to go for as a business the size of Merlin. Perhaps a local charity or club, but not a large theme park. It just feels a bit dare I say, desperate - even if that wasn’t the intention.

But they could at least offer free entry for kids bringing along a toy car/truck (in a certain timeframe).

Just making the announcement "we are sprucing up Tiny Truckers and would to feature your trucks on a wall of memories, any children arriving at the park with a pre-loved toy truck in March will get free entry to the park (when accompanied by a full-paying adult)."

Absolutely this. Plenty to kick Merlin over. Is this really it?

Absolutely this. Plenty to kick Merlin over. Is this really it?
I'd rather kick them over this genius, if not financially immoral, move than a ride and project which hasn't been finished yet.

Capitalism. If you can get away with day light robbery, fill your boots.

Give us your trucks for free and then pay us to see what we've done with them. Practically machiavellian!

Agree. And nice to recycle things that would likely end up thrown away.

New for 2024:
Alton Towers: Multi million pound retrack and retheme of a classic rollercoaster
Thorpe Park: Tallest and fastest rollercoaster in the UK
Drayton Manor: Mysterious family coaster
Legoland: Duelling family coaster

Chessington: Old donated Hot Wheels superglued to a wall.

Truly the leper of UK theme parks.

New for 2024:
Alton Towers: Multi million pound retrack and retheme of a classic rollercoaster
Thorpe Park: Tallest and fastest rollercoaster in the UK
Drayton Manor: Mysterious family coaster
Legoland: Duelling family coaster

Chessington: Old donated Hot Wheels superglued to a wall.

Truly the leper of UK theme parks.
To be fair, Chessington did only build Mandrill Mayhem/The World of Jumanji last year, so you wouldn’t typically expect another major investment to directly follow that investment.