• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Ride was on 20-30 minutes all day till the afternoon when it went down for about 20 minutes then shot up to 90 minutes for the rest of the day so might have lost a train then.
Could have been Chessington being Chessington with queue times, recently they had Vampire at 60 minutes but it was actually pretty much walk on. Also, same day, they had Tiger Rock at 30 minutes but was also pretty much walk on as well.

Could have been Chessington being Chessington with queue times, recently they had Vampire at 60 minutes but it was actually pretty much walk on. Also, same day, they had Tiger Rock at 30 minutes but was also pretty much walk on as well.

Good point, i did notice the queue times generally had no reflection on reality.

Pirate ship said 25 minutes when it was 5 minutes. Later it said 20 minutes when the queue was to the entrance.

Mandrill said 60 minutes, briefly changed to 30 minutes, then they announced over the PA it was actually still 60 minutes.

Vampire we only used RAP so can't say but there were lots of people in the line when we flew over.

Also someone had their dog in the park :tearsofjoy:

I love dogs so fine with me, can't have been much fun for the little fella though. Hope he enjoyed Gruffalo at least.

They don't let dogs on Gruffalo.

Or at least when I worked there it took us a lot of pondering as to what to do with someone turned up with their guide dog. Unsurprisingly not in the COSWP.

I was kidding (in case that wasn't clear) ;)

It wasn't a guide dog though, it was a small white terrier.

What did you do in the end?

Dogs are fairly common at some of the German parks I've been to (I know Europa Park and Tripsdrill specifically allow them) so it doesn't seem that odd to me anymore. There is even a dog swap queueing process akin to child swap. Obviously dogs are not permitted on most attractions.

As for guide dogs, there should be guidelines in the accessibility policy about which attractions are/aren't suitable for guide dogs, it's a bit of an oversight if that hasn't been considered.

Dogs are fairly common at some of the German parks I've been to (I know Europa Park and Tripsdrill specifically allow them) so it doesn't seem that odd to me anymore. There is even a dog swap queueing process akin to child swap.
Dogs in theme parks!? How is that suitable? What, on earth, is this world coming to?
Obviously dogs are not permitted on most attractions.
I should think so! They'd scare the poor goslings and kits as they tumble around on coasters otherwise.

Dogs are fairly common at some of the German parks I've been to (I know Europa Park and Tripsdrill specifically allow them) so it doesn't seem that odd to me anymore. There is even a dog swap queueing process akin to child swap. Obviously dogs are not permitted on most attractions.

As for guide dogs, there should be guidelines in the accessibility policy about which attractions are/aren't suitable for guide dogs, it's a bit of an oversight if that hasn't been considered.
Closer to home, Mingo allows dogs on the amusement area.

Was it ever confirmed if the third train was cannibalised? I thought it only ever runs on two as the third no longer exists
As far as we know train 3 is RIP.

For there to be three trains you would have one in the station, one on the brake run and one at the start of lift 2 or on the first half of the layout.

I don’t think that could have been possible to be honest. With their ops at times I don’t think it would add a great deal.

I was kidding (in case that wasn't clear) ;)

It wasn't a guide dog though, it was a small white terrier.

What did you do in the end?

Could've been a service dog of some description.

Ended up popping him in the ride op box whilst the group rode it. Least then was out of the way and safe from guests.

As far as we know train 3 is RIP.

For there to be three trains you would have one in the station, one on the brake run and one at the start of lift 2 or on the first half of the layout.

I don’t think that could have been possible to be honest. With their ops at times I don’t think it would add a great deal.

You had about 20-30 seconds to dispatch the trains to prevent stacking on top of lift 2. When it worked it was brilliant, even with faffy guests.

Would never work properly now.

Could've been a service dog of some description.

Ended up popping him in the ride op box whilst the group rode it. Least then was out of the way and safe from guests.

You had about 20-30 seconds to dispatch the trains to prevent stacking on top of lift 2. When it worked it was brilliant, even with faffy guests.

Would never work properly now.
It worked perfect on the old trains as they didn't have the seat belt, but it was still tackled well most the time on the current trains. Up to 6 Staff would run the platform and as the train came round the corner into the station they'd lean out and undo belts that people hadn't undone. The staff were full of energy and got a buzz out of trying to go fast.

Here are two videos of it running 3 trains with current trains firstly with it being run badly, secondly it being run better with the other train noticeable at 39 seconds and 2 minutes coming off the first lift just after the train being ridden flies past Transylvania.