• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Anyone know what is happening with the proposed water park? It’s been a year now since they applied for planning permission with no sign of a decision any time soon by the looks of things?

All seems very quiet from Chessington in terms of any future projects.

It's coming up to a year now, they applied for planning permission on the 19th June and they're still waiting on a decision from the council unfortunately.

Its rumored that if there isn't an answer by this summer, the development would be transferred to Legoland instead (in a scaled down version)

I believe this is also delaying them perusing with other development plans too unfortunately. Hopefully it gets approved soon, would be a great (and much needed) development for Chessie

To be fair, Chessington Buzz have generally been quite reliable, from my past experiences with them. They have floated numerous “ideas” on their website in the past that have later been proven true, and from my own experiences with the site’s owner, Jared, he has told me things that have later been proven true.

Their rumours don’t have a perfect hit rate, but few people’s do. I’d certainly trust CB as a reliable source overall.

Anyone know what is happening with the proposed water park? It’s been a year now since they applied for planning permission with no sign of a decision any time soon by the looks of things?

All seems very quiet from Chessington in terms of any future projects.

Yeah, they do seem to be in limbo. Of course World of Jumanji is only 1 year old, a major rollercoaster and 2 flat rides so i don't think we would have been expecting anything new for a bit but the water park would have been a brilliant addition.

Instead we have Scorpion Express gathering dust. Would be nice to know there are some concrete plans on the horizon.

To be fair, Chessington Buzz have generally been quite reliable, from my past experiences with them. They have floated numerous “ideas” on their website in the past that have later been proven true, and from my own experiences with the site’s owner, Jared, he has told me things that have later been proven true.

Their rumours don’t have a perfect hit rate, but few people’s do. I’d certainly trust CB as a reliable source overall.

He’s also wrong plenty of times - I seem to recall Rita was moving and were getting another coaster build this year…..

What’s the rumour, relocating Rita? Surely bringing in an unreliable old ride with a 1.4m restriction is the last thing Chessington need, especially when they already have a new launched coaster.
Plus the grumbles there would be at AT of removing Rita without having a replacement ready to go for it as the new rollercoaster-in-a-shed seems to be turning into white elephant territory. And despite what some people say Rita is a really popular ride there too.

The Rita rumour has to be false.

Temple of Mayhem leaving and Rita is taking its place? There's just no way, surly.

Other rumours to consider:

Supposedly, this is Rattlesnakes last year, along with the whole of Mexicana (again, supposedly) which is getting totally demolished next year, possibly to be replaced with a Minecraft themed area.

We'll see if that's true I guess, but if it is, you heard it here first 😎

Also, say hi to the lions, gorillas and tigers whilst you can? 👀

I appreciate the educational aspects and if they are animals that have historically been rescued but i still find seeing the tigers pretty depressing. If there was an option to either release them (not locally ;)) or relocate them to a dedicated sanctuary i'd certainly be in favour of that.

Mexicana definitely needs fixing but considering Croc Drop is relatively new and they just "refreshed" Tomb Blaster that doesn't seem like it's on the horizon.... unless they don't count as Mexicana and it's strictly Scorpion and Rattlesnake, in which case bring on the bulldozers!

I appreciate the educational aspects and if they are animals that have historically been rescued but i still find seeing the tigers pretty depressing. If there was an option to either release them (not locally ;)) or relocate them to a dedicated sanctuary i'd certainly be in favour of that.

Mexicana definitely needs fixing but considering Croc Drop is relatively new and they just "refreshed" Tomb Blaster that doesn't seem like it's on the horizon.... unless they don't count as Mexicana and it's strictly Scorpion and Rattlesnake, in which case bring on the bulldozers!

Croc drop and tomb blaster are in Forbidden Kingdom, not Mexicana.

And I agree. The music next to the Tigers is SO loud. It's actually horrible.
Having an animal side and a rides side of the park would be fine, but having them so close just feels cruel.