• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I largely suspect this is due to concerns about small children riding with a loose lap bar due to sharing a row with an adult. The mouse that used to operate at Holiday Park had a thick sleeve they could slide over the bar (from the side) to reduce the risk.

That said, with how bad the queues get for it already, it's probably for the best that half the guests aren't allowed on.
Does it run on reduced capacity most days?

I remember growing up even on busy summer days the queue would always be 0-10 mins for some reason, even when rameses revenge was still operational and drew large crowds. My siblings would be on and off so quickly

I largely suspect this is due to concerns about small children riding with a loose lap bar due to sharing a row with an adult. The mouse that used to operate at Holiday Park had a thick sleeve they could slide over the bar (from the side) to reduce the risk.

That said, with how bad the queues get for it already, it's probably for the best that half the guests aren't allowed on.

Several of the same type do, including Speedy Bob at Bobbejaan and at least 1 touring mouse.

Individual lap bars could sort out the issue with the 1.4m height restriction surely?

In terms of why Rattlesnake gets much bigger queues than it used to in the 90s/00s, it can now only run a maximum of 5 cars whereas it used to be able to run 7.
Also, they can now only put a maximum of 3 adults in each car, whereas in the past they could fill all the seats with whoever was needed.

Beat me to it. I've seen this on a few mouse coasters. Such a simple a solution..