• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Temple of Mayhem has now updated to be closed for the remainder of the season.

Not a big loss but still a strange decision to close an attraction before peak season.

The fact that they started closing this on off peak days before closure makes me believe this is another cut, rather than something wrong with the attraction/building.

Wonder if theyā€™re ever going to make an announcement/update on Scorpion Express šŸ˜‚

Tiger Rock is back open today šŸ˜ƒ
And yet it is still listed on the Ride Availability page as Closed until 31st August. šŸ¤¦

While it's positive it has reopened early, it's really not a good look for the park to be sharing inaccurate and misleading information with guests, especially if that information might be used to plan trips around. It negates the point of having a Ride Availability page in the first place.

And yet it is still listed on the Ride Availability page as Closed until 31st August. šŸ¤¦

While it's positive it has reopened early, it's really not a good look for the park to be sharing inaccurate and misleading information with guests, especially if that information might be used to plan trips around. It negates the point of having a Ride Availability page in the first place.
Chances are that 31st August was worst case scenario more than anything or that it was a typo and they meant 31st July?

I would've advertised it as "closed for maintenance" instead.

We just had a last minute great day at Chessington! Managed to grab a RAP unexpectedly but we almost didn't need it as it was really quiet, mostly 20 min or less queues for all the big rides! (No downtime on anything that i saw).

Strangely the park felt really busy, like there were always people milling about but seemingly in no rush to go on the rides.

And greatest moment, we did the main queue for Vampire so my son got to experience the Organ Player entrance and then front row! He loved it so much :hearteyes:

Got front row on Mandrill too, it's definitely still my favourite coaster in the UK. Non-over the shoulder restraints (i don't know what you call the type they use) and launches are where it's at for me with coasters. Presume Swarm at TP has the same restraints?

Also big shout out to Land of the Tiger, we don't go over there much but my son unexpectedly asked to go on Tiger Rock today (perhaps due to the heat) and the theming really is lovely round there. Might even be my favourite in the UK due to all the foliage and the lakes.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the shop coming out of Croc Drop has gone (you still walk through but it's just a weird empty room now). Also i don't think i've ever had a ride on Croc Drop where people sit in their assigned numbers :rolleyes:

Hey guys..

Can anyone confirm that if you stay at the glamping tents, you can have breakfast in one of the main hotels?

Really cheap off peak mid week deal for glamping, so we are tempted

Hey guys..

Can anyone confirm that if you stay at the glamping tents, you can have breakfast in one of the main hotels?

Really cheap off peak mid week deal for glamping, so we are tempted

According to the website, Glamping guests have breakfast in the outpost restaurant in Wild Asia, not in the hotels.

IMG_7169.jpeg

Sounds like they've just reused the hospitality tent behind the area.

Which would explain the lack of half decent breakfast. And that there's no option but to go to the "real" hotels for actual food.
Looking on Tripadvisor the reviews seem OK, although many say breakfast was better than expected, so probably went in with low expectations! If the price is good enough then go in expecting a light breakfast of pastries, bacon roll and fruit, and get lunch in the park. Would getting a full english really make that much difference? As it sounds like you get the rest of breakfast.
Seems at the moment there are no dinner options, need to go to the hotels (or might just be a food truck for glamping according to reviews).

Makes sense in theory due to 3 across seating but surely that'll just slow loading down significantly? The ride should have been built with a batching area so seats could be assigned whilst the previous cycle is running.

I think the ride also has a weight limit so I'm not sure how useful it'll be

Makes sense in theory due to 3 across seating but surely that'll just slow loading down significantly? The ride should have been built with a batching area so seats could be assigned whilst the previous cycle is running.

I think the ride also has a weight limit so I'm not sure how useful it'll be

Yes it does. Me and 2 mates went on and broke it, since then 2 adults has been properly enforced.