• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Bit late to the party, so then, Minecraft is a likely candidate. Well, not one for IP's personally but what do I know?

As long as it's not going to look like that abomination of movie that's coming out complete with those damn creepy sheep that make Flume Duck look nice then I'm ok with it...honestly I'm suprised few have even brought up if this Minecraft area will be based more of the film than game.

Unless they pull out, it's definitely Minecraft. Wild Asia was always the space they were looking at doing it in. Room for expansion as the years go on. Plus mentions interactive dining elements. Very video game like. Mojang were spotted onsite looking around.

Bit late to the party, so then, Minecraft is a likely candidate. Well, not one for IP's personally but what do I know?

As long as it's not going to look like that abomination of movie that's coming out complete with those damn creepy sheep that make Flume Duck look nice then I'm ok with it...honestly I'm suprised few have even brought up if this Minecraft area will be based more of the film than game.
I suspect it will be the game. The film is shaping up to be a massive bomb so I hope they stear well clear of it. It's the game kids love not the film.

Unless they pull out, it's definitely Minecraft. Wild Asia was always the space they were looking at doing it in. Room for expansion as the years go on. Plus mentions interactive dining elements. Very video game like. Mojang were spotted onsite looking around.
The imagery in the survey showed Minecraft Universe behind Wild Asia and Land of The Tiger, so this could be phase 1, with an expansion into that area later down the line. Maybe even incorporating Tiger Rock into it at some point if the Land is popular enough.

I did see a comment somewhere about Universal (US) possibly getting Minecraft rights, not sure how that would impact Merlin here if UK Universal goes ahead?
Merlin will have already secured the IP rights, for use in theme parks, for Minecraft from Microsoft. The level of information, detail and trademark use present in the consumer research wouldn't be permitted otherwise.

I quite liked wild Asia. It was quaint, but very well done. But for the Minecraft themed area, it’s like… yeah. Whatever. I have a younger cousin who is going to absolutely love this, so if he likes it a lot it was probably worth it.

Scorpion being removed? Hell yeah. I think a more interactive kids area suits the park great.

Forbidden kingdom sort-out when though?

Another point towards Minecraft …

IMG_3267.png

All of the planting and paths is set at right angles, very Minecraft

Also, early speculation time, the box on the roof, could that be to accommodate a spike similar to the one found on Uncharted ?
It lines up nicely with the outdoor section, so yes it is very likely to be a swing launch section, up the spike then into the outdoor section. So am guessing Intamin Multi-Dimension coaster.

if it is minecraft, I wonder what the indoor ride and disco will be themed as.

I also wonder what the indoor ride is as it looks large, but not large enough to house a ride like the curse, I wonder if it could be a mad house as I am trying to think of other indoor themed flats