• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

If it's gonna be closing, what are the chances of Chessington investing in a new ride in that space? I'm only saying this as this will be the third season with Dragon Falls having no theming, and looking like it'll be that way for quite a while to come.

Personally I would like to see bubbleworks completly ripped out and a whole new theme added to the ride. None of this half arsed themes. If the ride system is fine then they could keep that, but I wouldn't want to just see another re-theme.

The same applies to Tomb Blaster, I don't mind the ride, but now it just doesn't make much sense when you keep stopping with nothing really happening in each scene, where they used to be a story. If they kept the ride system, they should rip it all out, start again but have a proper story to it. If not rip the whole ride out and build something in doors, a coaster would be good, as planning would be easier due to no noise, height, etc.

One of Mack's new inverted power coasters would be amazing. Tomb Blasters building already has the height to pull it off but if it is falling apart that doesn't make a difference.

Of course that's not going to happen, I suspect that ride system costs a fortune and that money could go a long way elsewhere.

If the building is in a bad state, surely it would be quite easy to get planning permission for a new building in the same place of similar height? Then they could do what they want inside the building.

Is Chessington the only one of the Merlin parks not significantly increasing prices for 2015?

Currently on the website it shows as from £26 if booking a week in advance or £31 less than a week in advance. On the day it is £46 for a single adult ticket (if using a 2for1 etc) or £35 if buying more than one ticket (family or any other group).

This makes Chessington's gate price the cheapest of the Merlin UK parks with their on the day family being £8 cheaper per person than AT and the standard gate price £4 cheaper. The only rate that is cheaper is Thorpe in advance which starts at £24.99.

I also noticed the other day on the Chessie website, they offer packages that other parks don't. For example on the day its £46 (adult) or for £50 (adult) you get entry ticket, 1 fastrack shot, meal deal and £5 spending money for only £4 more!

I also noticed the other day on the Chessie website, they offer packages that other parks don't. For example on the day its £46 (adult) or for £50 (adult) you get entry ticket, 1 fastrack shot, meal deal and £5 spending money for only £4 more!

Yes, although I always think that it is actually £25 more as you could use a 2for1 on the gate!

Although the pre-purchased meal deals are good value, you can get Pizza/Pasta for £6, instead of £11 on the day.

So its the Chessington annual pass preview weekend coming up this weekend, and according to Merlin on FB Vampire, Bubbleworks and Dragons Fury are all closed for the weekend! Lets hope they get them open for opening day.

I also wonder if they have managed to fix the safari skyride monorail thing, as that was broke every time I went last season.

That's a pretty poor show. I'm guessing that they simply aren't ready to open yet following their winter maintenance. If I was Merlin I'd give up on these preview days, I dread to think what queues will be like for the rides that are open.

:)

Seems like they're just more focused on their zoo stuff and probably getting their new "attractions" up and running. It is a preview weekend, remember. Staff know how to control Vampire, Bubbleworks and Dragon's Fury - so they're probably more interested in getting the new stuff up and running with the public :)

Tomb Blaster has stood the test of time well IMO. I still really enjoy it, it always surprises me how much I like it each time I ride it!

I hope they can sort the building out, and maybe update it with some more modern effects.

Its surprising they allowed the building to get in such a state, in my opinion it shows the lack of foresight from merlin and makes me question if they learnt the lesson from all the h&s issues.

And the award for the worst start to a main theme park season ever goes to....... Chessington!!

11081488_841724679231311_4986151098887402262_n.jpg

1473023_841724692564643_1480890124014456231_n.jpg

Photos from TS Facebook

Nothing short of embarrassing. A £10 return ticket is quite frankly an insult; free return tickets should be handed out.

I'm glad I didn't book tickets for Monday now! Was only going because we were in the area and I need to get Bear on Vampire! :p

Haha, what a joke. I feel sorry for the poor people that visited.

I wonder if "maintenance" is just an excuse for saving money, surely that many rides cannot be inoperational on the same day?!

I'm guessing it is a case of not completing winter maintenacne in time for the season to start. If you can't get things ready in time then don't open until you can! Four major rides not being ready is shocking.