• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

It looks like someone's plastered grey fondant icing on it. It's not even coherent with the rest of the rocks which are of a completely different colour and design.

What a mess.
I'm really hoping this is unfinished and turns out to be just the base for some proper rock theming on top.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From what I have seen the station looks nicely done and the new drop theming is better than nothing (but still doesn't look as good as before they ruined the ride).

The less said about that tunnel exterior the better.

:)

Chessington is really all about being a cash cow these days!!! Is it me or does the old ride and back of house stick out more than ever whilst looking tired? Whats with all the fenses up the lift hill? Could they have not covered them in vines etc? It looks more like twd at thorpe than anything. The station and square area look fantastic but the dragon and rockwork look poor.

I also miss the elephant at the end. When did that go?

Its very true. It just shows you how much lack of detail and performance merlin want to give. Honestly the ride looks like an afterthought once your on it these days. More a behind the scenes tour than an immersive ride. Im glad i went to chessington when it was in its prime, now blackpool looks more immersive!

Nobody is harking for the past, we all want our parks to do well and we want to see new attractions that are improving on what went before. By your logic we shouldn't question any change, ever.

This forum will not accept abusive or insulting posts, nor those where there is excessive use of capitals as this is seen as shouting.

I have removed the offending posts, and posts which then followed on.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
So... Tiger Rock opens on 5th May. Anyone going to the opening day? No? OK, I'll leave now.
No but I'm going the week after. I'm avoiding the POV vids at the moment and going reserve judgement until I've actually ridden it :)

Tiger rock is a huge improvement on the previous incarnation. It a really good standard and you can't notice the dragon so much in person. I hope merlin create more like this in the future!

Tiger rock is a huge improvement on the previous incarnation.
Only in the very poor state it has been for the last 10 years, bar the station which is a great improvement. Same for Gruffalo over the state BubbleWorks was in for years.

The sad thing is, it gives Chessington no reason to care, because they know the more terrible their current (formerly fantastic) attractions are, the more likely Merlin are to spend money, and any 'average' redo job from Merlin will automatically be far better than something left in a terrible state for decades. You end up with an 'average' park, rather than an exciting and fun one like Chessington was before.

Chessington is a shockingly poor value day out at the moment. Tiger Rock is a step in the right direction but could have easily been much better.

It's good to see Chessington embracing hexadecimal queue times. Here we can see a 210 minute queue for Sea Dragons :)

2qipd2b.jpg