• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Interesting… the area looks really nice! We still don’t know a huge amount yet, though; it looks similar to Land of the Dragons, in that it’s an area with a big coaster encircling the perimeter and a few children’s rides scattered in the middle.

The coaster looks quite unique, and while my first thought was a Family Boomerang, the mention of a 1.4m height restriction is interesting… I thought Chessington was more centred towards younger kids these days?

Here's a first look at the new proposed central theming element. Top rides include a coaster with a massive drop themed around tax avoidance, Zero Hour Contract - The Ride and a dark ride where you travel through different scenes showing robots and drones replacing humans with its gift shop selling personalised P45's as souvenirs.
bfe1c020a0ca8d541863544859ab5f69.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Considering there are two sets of air gates, that's actually a good guess!
Would also explain the 1.4m height restriction.
Shaun Sanbrooke seems to think it'll be a family boomerang though. Wing Coaster train on a Family Boomerang layout perhaps? :p

Last edited:
Track and platform configuration looks completely wrong for a wing coaster. I would argue it is just artists impression.

A boomerang wing coaster is pretty far out there!

As for a 1.4 rider restriction, utterly ridiculous for the park considering its target market!

Where are people getting boomerang from? The area artists impression suggests a full circuit coaster encompassing the site, although with (I'm sure deliberately) very little detail on the layout.

Flats of Zamerlla round bouncy thing and music trip? Ok.

You would have thought if it was a 1.4 metre restriction that its NOT going to be junior boomerang. Anyone's guess at this point though!

Where are people getting boomerang from? The area artists impression suggests a full circuit coaster encompassing the site, although with (I'm sure deliberately) very little detail on the layout.

There is a gap in the tracks in the bottom right of the overhead plan, I didn't spot it at first either.

But for me the whole area feels a bit meh so far. Compare it to Tornado Springs at Paultons...

The consultation says:
  1. A new rollercoaster – guests will be propelled on a car through banks and turns before coming to a dead end on the track adjacent to a themed structure on the southern part of the site. The car will then be propelled along the same route back to the station located on the north east part of the site. A hard standing ride maintenance area is to be provided adjacent to the ride station.

God help the throughput.

1. A new rollercoaster – guests will be propelled on a car through banks and turns before coming to a dead end on the track adjacent to a themed structure on the southern part of the site. The car will then be propelled along the same route back to the station located on the north east part of the site. A hard standing ride maintenance area is to be provided adjacent to the ride station.

Yep, that pretty much rules out a ride with throughput any better than Fury. Best we can hope for is something with a larger train than a Jr boomerang.

This seems pretty underwhelming. There is so much empty space on the concept art and aside from trees there looks to be very little theming? The rollercoaster station is also open to the elements with no roof.

It all looks a bit sparse and cheap and not a patch on what Paulton's are doing.