• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Ah bum. Oh well; it’s booked now and it’s not the only time we’re going this year we’ll just have to suck it up.
Just get there for opening if you can as most school groups don't tend to arrive till later, and they tend to leave early too.

Last edited:
I have it on reliable authority that the winners for the First To Ride competition were just contacted.... check your emails!

Thanks for sharing that.
Those with experience of virtual queues - do you have to physically be on site be able to book? Or could we book from home on the morning we travel up so long as our booking is loaded in the app?
Whilst it's possible for loqueue to be configured to require that, no is the answer from what I can see.
It also appears they aren't limting it to one per guest, each email gets it....

Whilst it's possible for loqueue to be configured to require that, no is the answer from what I can see.
It also appears they aren't limting it to one per guest, each email gets it....
sorry I asked a double question - do you mean no we couldn’t book from home?
And I didn’t see anything in the video about emails? (sorry if these are daft questions - never used a virtual queue before so no idea!!)

More info here, scroll down:

It doesn’t answer the question about whether you need to be in the park to book a slot. Although I would imagine if they don’t restrict this it will be open to abuse/plonkers sat at home booking slots with no intention of turning up.

sorry I asked a double question - do you mean no we couldn’t book from home?
And I didn’t see anything in the video about emails? (sorry if these are daft questions - never used a virtual queue before so no idea!!)
Ah sorry I'll say it explicitly, as far as I can see on it there is no location restriction, they can't even restrict it to you having scanned into the park as you can just sign up with any random email and it'll issue you a shot.

More info is available on the website, including FAQs;

A few points of note:

All guests can only book Mandril Mayhem ONCE per day.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, there is a max height restriction of 1.95 metres.

There is a separate RAP entrance, and guests can book via their RAP account. Slots are available at 10 past, half past, and 10 to the hour on a first-come, first-served basis.

Last edited:
More info is available on the website, including FAQs;

Also, perhaps unsurprisingly, there is a max height restriction of 1.95 metres.
I see the lower end height restriction has changed slightly too so under 1.3m have to be accompanied by a taller adult.

We probably won’t be going on it now as the taller one of mine is just slightly under 1.3m..

So if you are in a group of 6 you can ride 6 times a day, with each of you making the booking for 6 people? Unless they link it up to each individual park entry ticket it's ripe for abuse.

They've realised the throughput is woefully inadequate and are putting things in place to try to manage this.

They also missed the bit at the end where you queue for 45 minutes even after having waited for ages virtually because without a standby line this set up never works. It is just about impossible for it to work in a live themepark environment. It is ideology over practicality.

Whole thing will need avoiding like the plague for months I should think.

Last edited:
I did wonder that - we will be a group of 2 so theoretically 2 log ins = 2 rides? Worth a punt anyway! I’m severely limited by only being able to attend during school hols and occasional Saturdays so we’ll give it a go in summer 1/2 term and then see how it goes. Not been to CWOA since the chimp was 3 and she’s now 12 so there’s plenty of other stuff for us to look at/do.