• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

It’s going to be less Mandrill Mayhem, more Merlin Mayhem. It’s going be absolute carnage.

At least with a physical queue you can see how long it’s estimated to be and make the choice to queue or not for a couple of hours or whatever, at least you are pretty much guaranteed a ride. I feel sorry for the people that will inevitably find themselves unable to get a slot on busy days. Thoughts and prayers to the staff in Guest Services on the first weekend of operation in what is sure to be a difficult time
Plus all the people that miss out riding on a day that might be “difficult” maintenance or weather wise. If your slot is cancelled you aren’t just going to be squeezed in on the next one as that will bump the queue even further.

At least at the moment across all parks if the ride closes you can hang around in the queue hopefully or leg it back as soon as it reopens

The only way VQ would have worked is if MM was in a self contained area that was closed to all except those in the VQ. You have to physically enter the area to get a virtual ticket, and then you have access to whatever eateries, flat rides and toilets are in that area only until you have ridden, with the exit directed out of the area another route.

Is fast track limited to 1 ride per guest a day or is that just a rule for normal paying guests not the wealthiest ones?

Very late to this parade but virtual queues can be very efficient and helpful when ran correctly. But when you have to implement one just because you made the idiotic decision to build a series of low throughput attractions I have no sympathy. It seems merlin had a multi deal with B&M and just used chessington for one of those without any thought or consideration to what the park actually needed.

Hopefully this sort of thing will be widely advertised, as I can't imagine anything other than frustration then Joe Bloggs rocking up from Godknowswhere to ride it, only to be told that he has to join a silly virtual queue, and fight with thousands of others for a spot. Much like booking a driving test.

And what if the app goes down? Or you're the only adult in the group with a phone, and it looses connection/breaks? Or having to queue ages when it's actually your slot? Or if the ride breaks down? Or if you're on a ride that breaks down so you can't access your slot?

If this is what was meant by this ride "solving the capacity problem" - pure delusion. This seems like it's going to be a logistical nightmare.

Quick question - if you purchase 2 or more reserve and ride packages (hardly a shrewd investment, I know), can you use them both on 1 phone - or does each package allow you to add multiple R&R purchases?

Quick question - if you purchase 2 or more reserve and ride packages (hardly a shrewd investment, I know), can you use them both on 1 phone - or does each package allow you to add multiple R&R purchases?
Dont quote me but i belive it acts like RAP does, it combines them, for RAP if you have 2 on your email you then get 8 guests per reservation.

It was doing test runs today. It was supposed to open two weeks ago but now is supposed to be June as there's still some issues apparently. I overheard that ride ops won't be able to manually extend the ride like before.

Also heard something about smoke coming out, but I wasn't sure if that was the train itself or the scorpion that shoots fire.