• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

From: https://twitter.com/chessingtonbuzz/status/1657425680370487297?s=46&t=mAHqypPQbh1e-6loBFKO-w

It’s honestly beggars belief that a person can have this view. Food is most certainly not just food and that price is absolutely ridiculous given the quality of what you are receiving. The hot dog can be as huge as you want but if it tastes like cardboard and looks like a mandril put it together it’s simply not acceptable for the price you pay.

Chessington Buzz love nothing more than creeping up the parks arse and then taking the moral high ground with other fan sites.

I couldn’t be less surprised if I tried.

Vegetarian asking questions about meat here ... what is the 'authentic' wording in reference to on the sign ? I thought Krakauer was a copy of a Kraków sausage (which is protected) ?

Also, the vegan hotdog is 'authentic' ? Like, "No really, it's definitely vegan" ?

The area looks fabulous.

I'm starting to think I'll never be able to ride this thing. I can't stand the slow queues at Chessington as it is and this looks boring even for kids, so I can't think of a situation in which I would find myself there riding it.

I find it incredibly incompetent that they've installed yet another low capacity coaster, with a dull layout and then decided to make it even worse by lowering the already crap capacity to save a few quid on full size air gates. You couldn't make this stuff up.

My little girl is the target market of this thing and has been on Wodan, FLY and Taron. She's either walked on to them or waited a max of 45 mins (for Wodan). If I suggested to her a drive down to Leatherhead to wait 3 hours in a slow moving queue to ride a much duller coaster than the afformention ones she's been on already because it's themed to a movie she watched when she was 3, she'd think I'd gone crazy.

I've just read a review of the coaster referring to it as "more intense and interesting than The Swarm", and declaring it a "sleeper hit"!

I think this could be a much better ride than many expected... I've heard quite a few good things about it!

More intense than Swarm? Seeing as that makes me grey out on the helix I’m a little sceptical of this claim about Mandrill Mayhem. However I could definitely believe that it’s launch will be better than Icon’s.

I've just read a review of the coaster referring to it as "more intense and interesting than The Swarm", and declaring it a "sleeper hit"!

I think this could be a much better ride than many expected... I've heard quite a few good things about it!
Like others have said, take all today’s reviews with a serious pinch of salt. I can’t say as I haven’t ridden it but it’s really unlikely to be anywhere near the intensity of the swarm, I struggle to see a single section on that ride that could deliver positive forces of that level. It may be a fun layout for families but when people are invited and given freebies such a food vouchers, I wouldn’t expect their reviews to be that impartial.

A lot of people were praising it today. All that I asked rated it as the best coaster at the park, with an emphasis on its acceleration.

I find the general public are a bit more ready to be wowed than us lot though.

I think the ride will get praise, it looks like it does what it needs to do for it’s target audience. The throughput is going to be the let down.

The better than Swarm comments are probably hyperbolic but we won’t know until we all ride it.

New ride honeymoon effect? I should really reserve judgment until I ride it though.
I said the same about another ride that opened this season and got cast down in flames for doing so.
However I tend to agree with you, the fact that it's new there will be added "hype"

I said the same about another ride that opened this season and got cast down in flames for doing so.
However I tend to agree with you, the fact that it's new there will be added "hype"

No you and others said people who liked the ride where being fanboyish rather than just liking the ride, and the people who said they liked the ride had no financial reason to blow smoke up that parks bum.

I will be cautious around todays reviews as media and vloggers have an incentive to be nice to get repeat invites, but i do think this ride will find its audience. It’s faults are likely to be with its throughput rather than its “fun factor”.

As I say the “better than Swarm” comments seem hyperbolic as swarm does everything this ride does bar a launch and then does more. But I think it looks fun enough for what Chessington need.

Vegetarian asking questions about meat here ... what is the 'authentic' wording in reference to on the sign ? I thought Krakauer was a copy of a Kraków sausage (which is protected) ?

Also, the vegan hotdog is 'authentic' ? Like, "No really, it's definitely vegan" ?

The area looks fabulous.

I means that it really is £13.50, as in genuine and not a joke.