• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

From what it seems now, family/thrill these days can also encompass the likes of Valkyria and Icon, according to Andreas Anderson. Children have definitely become more daring over the past decade or so. Hopefully it means we could see something like a Mack mega coaster at the park.

£12 a pop paid fast track on their new shuttle coaster just weeks after opening? This whole debacle becomes more hilarious by the day.

We all know what happens next. The new Fast track "trial" will be declared an overwhelming success and virtual queue will shortly be binned off due to "Guest feedback". The Mayhem coaster will join Chessington's long list of other low throughput rides with 3 slow moving queues of misery forever more. Chessington's consistency will be restored.

I wonder what low capacity insanity they have planned next? Oh right, the tiny water park thingy.....

When John Wardley said they had a clever way of dealing with the capacity problem, do you think this was part of his vision?

I'd love to get some context to what he meant by that comment. Maybe there were plans in place to do something but it was cut from the budget?

I'd love to get some context to what he meant by that comment. Maybe there were plans in place to do something but it was cut from the budget?
I wonder if the original plans were for something more similar to a Vekoma Junior Boomerang, i.e. just two seats per row. And he was impressed that they had gone for a ride system that is effectively four seats per row.

Just back from a one night stay, well eating Macs in a service station. The new area is brilliantly themed l and all 3 rides fit in with the park. Got the early park acces as hotel guests and ended up doing 6 rides on Mandrill. Stayed in a Zebra themed room, room was brilliant, breakfast decent enough nice fruit selection. Didn't eat at the restaurant or the park, but did notice the temple restaurant closed in the evening. Did the little splash park at 7pm was great with the sun going down, animals coming into feed and the sun coming through. I know the park has its faults, but were lucky to go off peak and really enjoy our stay.

Intamin to Towers, maybe Drayton getting a RMC as we know they're definitely getting a new coaster.

We know Exodus is Mack.

Chessie getting a Waterpark so would have to be some ridiculous spending if they got a new coaster in next 3 years.

Drayton has always been my favourite for an RMC would really make them stand out with something unique in the UK

Last edited: