• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Me and my partner visited on friday and we were both shocked by how many of the food places advertised specific food items and didn't sell them or were missing ingredients and options that were on their menu. I wanted to try the chicken poboy they were showing on signs outside the smokehouse bbq and we got in and they said they didn't have any mac and cheese and that option didn't seem to be on the menu (it also smelt really unpleasant in there, like really strong cleaning stuff was being used). The Taco place was closed when we tried to go there and the hot dog stand had no vegan dogs available (this was at around 12 so it's not like we were going late in the day when that would make sense) We visited the mardi grub avenue and there was barely anything there apart from a bratwurst stand and a stall selling chips labelled as street food. It's weird because we visited Alton Towers for their mardi gra event and they actually had a lot of options for their food stalls so was expecting something at least a little similar.

After all that we tried to go to donut express and they said they were out of donuts! They said to try the stand somewhere else in the park near the entrance but we eventually got a burger at the vampire kitchen (even though that seemed to advertising options that weren't available too, like specific mardi gra burgers)

We were also disappointed that Tiger Rock, Croc Drop and Scorpion Express were closed all day. Scorpion Express we thought was unlikely to open since it's been closed for the rest of the month but the other 2 were pretty shocking, especially with how hot it was that day. The app kept saying Tiger Rock was opening later in the day but it just never did. Kobra closed at least an hour before close too which was disappointing, never got a chance to go on it. Caused some long queues for other rides.

Sorry don't mean to be so negative since the other few posts seem to be positive about their visit on Friday but when you are travelling for a couple hours to have a fun day was shocked by how poorly run it all was. At least Mandrill Mayhem was a lot of fun and we got to ride it twice but it's not a park I can really recommend to anyone if it was like our visit.

Me and my partner visited on friday and we were both shocked by how many of the food places advertised specific food items and didn't sell them or were missing ingredients and options that were on their menu. I wanted to try the chicken poboy they were showing on signs outside the smokehouse bbq and we got in and they said they didn't have any mac and cheese and that option didn't seem to be on the menu (it also smelt really unpleasant in there, like really strong cleaning stuff was being used). The Taco place was closed when we tried to go there and the hot dog stand had no vegan dogs available (this was at around 12 so it's not like we were going late in the day when that would make sense) We visited the mardi grub avenue and there was barely anything there apart from a bratwurst stand and a stall selling chips labelled as street food. It's weird because we visited Alton Towers for their mardi gra event and they actually had a lot of options for their food stalls so was expecting something at least a little similar.

After all that we tried to go to donut express and they said they were out of donuts! They said to try the stand somewhere else in the park near the entrance but we eventually got a burger at the vampire kitchen (even though that seemed to advertising options that weren't available too, like specific mardi gra burgers)

We were also disappointed that Tiger Rock, Croc Drop and Scorpion Express were closed all day. Scorpion Express we thought was unlikely to open since it's been closed for the rest of the month but the other 2 were pretty shocking, especially with how hot it was that day. The app kept saying Tiger Rock was opening later in the day but it just never did. Kobra closed at least an hour before close too which was disappointing, never got a chance to go on it. Caused some long queues for other rides.

Sorry don't mean to be so negative since the other few posts seem to be positive about their visit on Friday but when you are travelling for a couple hours to have a fun day was shocked by how poorly run it all was. At least Mandrill Mayhem was a lot of fun and we got to ride it twice but it's not a park I can really recommend to anyone if it was like our visit.
I have to agree their attempt at Mardi Gras is nothing short of pathetic. Your either all in or just don't bother at all.

Think my overall positivity was down to the fact I went for the world of jumanji area and nothing else.

When I went to the smokehouse they didn't have the sweet potato fries ready yet. Another customer seemed to be struggling to order what his family wanted as certain menu items weren't available yet which included mac and cheese. That was around 12 noon.

Just a bigger and slightly heavier version of our male rainbowfish squaring up to each other in the tank; though doubtless disconcerting for those in the jeep I don't think this is particularly unusual or concerning. If anything bouts for supremacy are indicative of animals feeling comfortable enough in captivity to exhibit normal social behaviours.

Just a bigger and slightly heavier version of our male rainbowfish squaring up to each other in the tank; though doubtless disconcerting for those in the jeep I don't think this is particularly unusual or concerning. If anything bouts for supremacy are indicative of animals feeling comfortable enough in captivity to exhibit normal social behaviours.
Good grief, how big are your rainbowfish?
...and "comfortable enough in captivity"...no such thing in a lot of minds these days.
Scrap all zoos.