• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Think I've already put a summary of our visit somewhere but... I like MM, all things considered. We went to Chessy specifically to ride it... with no children šŸ˜‚ (Tied with a visit to Thorpe Park, wouldn't have made the 3hr trip just for WoJ without the boys).

The themed area increases the appeal of MM for me personally, I think I'd have had less interest if it was a car park coaster without the trimmings - shame WoJ seems to have been budget restricted in areas like materials/flat rides, especially sad to see damage to themed elements way before first season is over. Much prefer Merlin using original ideas over IP & wish they had with this area to free up more of the budget that could perhaps afford better quality. The detail, little easter eggs and overall feel of the MM station & shrine is great though.

To be fair, we went in with pretty low - middling expectations & had them exceeded (taking into account the type of coaster and location) - row 7 was good fun especially. It's just one of those 'it is what it is' coasters, light hearted, easy riding - it's not bad by any means... It isn't going to top anyone's lists granted but for younger riders, coaster newbies and those who maybe haven't experienced non-UK, I think it's a good little addition to the market šŸ˜Š

Mandrill Mayhem is... fine.

If it wasn't the first coaster at Chessie in nigh on 2 decades wouldn't be a problem. But it is, and for it to just be fine and have a number of flaws surrounding the operation and throughputs is nothing sort of terrible planning and decision making by the higher ups. Granted operations aren't exactly Chessie's strong suit these days.

The area itself is sparse and also strangely laid out. The bazaar is probably the best part but is tiny due to the location of the area. Might improve as the trees grow but isn't much of a jungle currently.

Read on another forum that the chain on one of Vampires lift hills snapped yesterday & it's allegedly not going to reopen again until next year (I think it was originally included in the Winter event line-up)

Read on another forum that the chain on one of Vampires lift hills snapped yesterday & it's allegedly not going to reopen again until next year (I think it was originally included in the Winter event line-up)
It was not included in winterā€™s tale. Mandrill was.

It will be missing for the pass holder day next weekend in this case. Thatā€™s a shame.

It was not included in winterā€™s tale. Mandrill was.

It will be missing for the pass holder day next weekend in this case. Thatā€™s a shame.
Ah okay! Thanks for clarification! We're booked in for one of the Festive sleepovers in December and had been told Vamp was included with a 'not sure' about MM. Eldest son will be very happy as a Jumanji fan - he hasn't had the chance to visit WoJ yet!

I take it Chessington Buzz are trying to hint at some sort of theme/up coming attraction with the weird and convoluted choice of words that come with these winter updates? Otherwise, itā€™s justā€¦odd.

As the winter veil deepens. Chessington World of Adventures continues its closed-season journey, unravelling mysteries. Orchestrating transformations to bring you an even more extraordinary adventure in the upcoming season. Here's the latest dispatch from the heart of the closed season.

The maintenance team is actively progressing with the closed-season stripdown, focusing on the intricate work on Seastorm. However, the team is not limiting itself to just that ā€“ they are also incorporating rides in the Wild Asia area into the maintenance lineup. The team is actively preparing every element for the upcoming season.

More weirdness here