• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Fingers crossed this goes through as Chessington has one of the worst car parks for any notable theme park attraction out there.

In my previous visit, a mate and I just decided to park 20 minutes away from the park and walk instead of risking the water logged fields or thieving express parking.

I saw it on the Merlin FB group, still can’t believe the proposals include a whole 12 EV charging points especially considering that they are now in the ULEZ zone.

Shoving in eg 50 podpoint poles would cost them nothing in the long term so it feels like a sop to the planning board to get the proposal through

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but a few new things for 2024:

1. New paint job for the castle area of adventure point.

2. Tiny Truckers is recieving a refurb, with new trucks.

3. Seastorms old op box is no more, and will be replace by a more typical "shed" design, complete with a shark half way through the roof. (Sorry, no pictures)

4. Adventure Tree Carousel is also recieving a paint job.

Attachments

• 1000031528.jpg
    1000031528.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 1000031527.jpg
    1000031527.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 1000031524.jpg
    1000031524.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 1000031523.jpg
    1000031523.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 110
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but a few new things for 2024:

1. New paint job for the castle area of adventure point.

2. Tiny Truckers is recieving a refurb, with new trucks.

3. Seastorms old op box is no more, and will be replace by a more typical "shed" design, complete with a shark half way through the roof. (Sorry, no pictures)

4. Adventure Tree Carousel is also recieving a paint job.
The new paint job for Adventure Point's castle looks garish. It needed a paint job, but done sensibly with more muted colours.

Gussing truckers is going nowhere anytime soon, judging by the new car shell investment.
They're doing a modification of the outside area too. I didn't get a good look at the concept art, but it looks as if they're potentially giving it a retheme?
There was lots of purple, that's all I can tell you for sure lol.

Yikes at that castle repaint. Looks dreadful.

Truckers still limping on. Quite amusing to see them bunched together these days. Guess they can't crash when they're like that though.

The castle repaint is an odd one because I kinda like it and don’t at the same time, maybe it’s because it’s not in keeping with the area it is in, would have been perfect if toy town was still around!
Merlin really like adding colour to things to fresh them up atm, the painting up of the stone carvings in forbidden kingdom also another things that looks meh as the rock work needed a clean before the paint was added

The castle repaint is an interesting one. I don’t think it actually looks as bad as some of the crimes against tasteful design that Merlin have committed over the years.

I quite like that it’s added a bit of depth to it, and it feels a bit more befitting of the park today than the old scheme. It should hold up well to the elements though. I reckon give it a couple of seasons of weathering for the colours to dull and washout a bit and it’ll look spot on.

The castle repaint is an interesting one. I don’t think it actually looks as bad as some of the crimes against tasteful design that Merlin have committed over the years.

I quite like that it’s added a bit of depth to it, and it feels a bit more befitting of the park today than the old scheme. It should hold up well to the elements though. I reckon give it a couple of seasons of weathering for the colours to dull and washout a bit and it’ll look spot on.
Is new merlin just planing for the inevitable decay?