• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

69FB6F07-34BE-458C-8684-D16B478C29C3.png
So chessington and Merlin’s idea of recreation is to throw paint on a wall. Maybe we are disconnected but I don’t consider that appropriate or advantageous.

EDIT- for those who don’t have context, this is a post that show’s employees throwing paint onto a wall randomly, very odd.

Worth pointing out, for context, this is the final scene on Jungle Rangers where chimps escape with paint and spray/throw it everywhere in the old Toadies shed. Always good to know the park you're talking about before moaning about what is meant to be carefree paint spilling! Cheeky chimps

Worth pointing out, for context, this is the final scene on Jungle Rangers where chimps escape with paint and spray/throw it everywhere in the old Toadies shed. Always good to know the park you're talking about before moaning about what is meant to be carefree paint spilling! Cheeky chimps
Thank you for that context. I was completely unaware.

There's not that much left to butcher by now surely?
The boulder was once spinning at the top of the drop but was removed last season. Don’t recall ever seeing the effect work correctly.

Some of the animatronics are decent enough, it’s the just the ride system that’s about had it. It’s also obviously programmed for previous scenes that have been removed (similar to the way the curse runs).

Probably see a Merlin rush job refresh at some point I expect.

Tbh i don't like this ride at all (and neither does my son so we rarely go on it). It feels so dated and unmemorable, i'd be very happy for them to fully replace it with another dark ride.

5th Dimension 2.0 :D

Original Terror Tomb looked like nightmare fuel with that ending of Abdab being executed in the coffin by those mummies...admittedly I never got the chance to ride the original version of the ride but if I had done when I was young, it would have scared the every lasting crap out of me and gave me nightmares afterwards. Granted, me riding the original version of Haunted House was scary for me so who knows how this would have gone down for me.

Maybe 1950's Disney.
1950’s Disney was still good stuff.
Original Terror Tomb looked like nightmare fuel with that ending of Abdab being executed in the coffin by those mummies...admittedly I never got the chance to ride the original version of the ride but if I had done when I was young, it would have scared the every lasting crap out of me and gave me nightmares afterwards. Granted, me riding the original version of Haunted House was scary for me so who knows how this would have gone down for me.
But I think this is why it competed. It had story and great set pieces. I bargain it’s better than some Disney rides today, because it had soul and wasn’t an IP tech demo.

I loved the OG version. The singing queen esq mummies were always talked about in the playground! And the final scene with the holes through the villain was always a good morale to the story.

It had incredible story telling, great animatronics and very clever special effects. Something lacking from all rides in UK. (Bar hex for story).

Yikes. Tomb Blaster down, Scorpion Express still down and Croc Drop covered in scaffolding. Wonder if Vampire will even be ready for opening?
Apparently Tomb, Scorpion, Vampire, Trucks and Seastorm aren't due to open when the season starts.

Work has started on Seastorms OP box, so potentially that could open, but the others have a lot of work to do on them that will cause a delay.

Attachments

• 1000032020.jpg
    1000032020.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 48