• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

It has a maintenance shed, they just didn’t build a transfer track to get it between the station and the maintenance bay. So it has to be craned off.

Chessington logic 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn’t say it’s bad logic, you only need to take the train off the circuit for a strip down, all other maintenance can be done in the station building. The reason other coasters need a maintenance shed is so other trains can keep running whilst you do work on the broken one.

For this coaster why pay for a transfer track? It will get used twice a year.

Mandrill will no longer operate a virtual que for 2024 and a number of rides as per will be unavailable on open day.

Source merlin pass holder group, Facebook.

I'm glad to see the back of virtual que, did it ever serve a purpose?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240314_165550_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240314_165550_Facebook.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 28
I'd expect the VQ to go sooner or later, even if they can't do anything about the capacity. In an ideal world they'd find a way to allow people into the loading bays prior to the train arriving and increase capacity but even if not demand will gradually subside and a conventional queue would no longer be a major issue.

On the other hand, passholder day already sounds a complete waste of everyone's time with half the ride capacity wiped out by planned closures.