• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Claims to Fame

Once I saw Leonardo Di Caprio when I was staying in the same hotel as him in London. Also, Johnny Marr once replied to me on twitter. :smirk:

Haven't we have one of these topics before?

Ridden Enigma (A roller coaster at PWH) with a local news presenter
Spoken to Dame Tanya Grey Thompson
Met Anthony Ogogo (Bronze Medal boxer for GB from my hometown)
Been in the local paper a few times.

Claire Sweeney said hello to our group when we were getting a BTS tour of Nottingham Theatre Royal pantomime a few years ago.

I met the cast of Benidorm, when I was on holiday there. Meeting Steve Pemberton and Johnny Vegas was the highlight.

Oh and the Chuckle Brothers. That was fun.

I haven't had many claims to fame.

I've been in the local paper a couple of times if that counts?

I met a Countdown champion 2 weeks ago if that also counts?

I met Lyn Evans a few years ago who is the project leader of the CERN Large Hadron Collider.

I've also met Sir Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhart amongst other things) a few years ago when I was in London.

I'm sure there's more people that I could class a claim to fame but I can't think of them right now.

I've almost accidentally tripped Ryan Giggs down three flights of stairs in my university building.
I've been tweeted by Mandy Thompson ;)
I've been in bed with John Drake.
I've been in bed with Alex Machin.

Is there anyone on here that hasn't met the Chuckle Brothers?

Add that to my topic please.

I am beginning to wonder whether or not to take SENSIBLE suggestions (LOL!) from that topic, such as, meeting the Chuckle Brothers, and then attempting to cross them off "TheMan hasn't done" list.

I am only HALF joking... maybe, a 1/4...

I met the chuckle brothers when I was younger, my brother and dad went on stage with them :p

I really don't think I have had any claims to fame (not that anyone in this topic really has :p), I shook hands with Greg James a few years back at DJ set he did at uni. I have met a few athletes when I was at school, as we have a very sporty uni in my town. I remember Roger Black, Sally Gunnel, Linford Cristy and Sue Barker (she was a bit miserable).

There are probably more Z listers I have seen but I can't think of any at the moment.

My dad went to school with Robbie Williams (and my grandparents are subsequently minor friends with his dad).

Helen Skelton asked me if I was in the queue for Millie's Cookies at Euston Station - who bought a ridiculous amount of cookies! :p

I've been in the same studio as many artists such as the Arctic Monkeys (and later that day Craig Charles) and the Blue Peter studio (which is tiny!).

I've met the Chuckle Brothers after one of their stage shows.

Not bad at all so far! :p