• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CoasterCrate Subscription Boxes

Anyone who thinks pin badges are cheap need to visit Disney...
I was really talking bout towers/merlin merch. It's the only thing I can think of that I buy at towers and costs less that £10. Nothing at Disney is cheap though.

For the serious merch collectors, you could add small things like park maps and possibly any old ride merch stock to the crates. Many merch collectors collect small things like that.

Merch as said above needs to be earnt really, even far flung parks it'd be OK, but not great as I'd still not feel like it is the same

Deleted a few more posts I missed on my first sweep. Nothing major!

Maps would indeed be a good collectors item. I will always take a handful wherever I go as a cheapy momento! It's also fascinating to look back in future years to see how parks have changed.

A map wouldnt cost you the earth (shipping from the parks as standard I would think) and would get some enthusiasts twitching!

Maps get me interested, simply as they are available outside of parks usually rather than just inside.

You might not need to source many old maps, you can make it a "lucky dip" and maybe, if you're lucky, create a swap economy of people looking to collect certain years or parks!

Maps seem popular then! I assume we're talking current maps as historical maps would be very hard to source in bulk!

You'd be surprised what parks have laying around

Seconded - maybe not 'historical' maps but I'm sure you could find some for the last 5 years that parks will be happy to offload for a small fee.

Best of luck with your venture btw! IMHO I'd go for a collection of 'smaller' items, such as maps an pin badges first before moving on to Tshirts and 'proper' merch - you will need a customer base before you are able to negotiate 'bulk' discounts, not to mention stumping up a significant amount of cash that you have no coverage for. Be careful.

I wouldn't pay £20 for a t-shirt if I didn't know what it was. I would much rather prefer to choose one my self that I'm sure will fit and so on.

I would be very tempted if it was maps, badges, keyrings, pop badges and smaller things. I understand shipping will cost, but I would pay no more than £20 including shipping. Try having a look on ebay to source one of items for cheap prices. It would be worth asking at customer service at different parks (probably bigger ones) and asking if they have any cheap out dated merch they need shifting that you could buy at a discounted price. I'm pretty sure they'd have some older maps lying around as they'd rather buy too many than not enough for each season.

I am always interested in Loot Crate, which is a similar concept but what always puts me off is that it will be exciting and interesting to open for 5 minutes, and then the contents will be stuck in a draw, and never seen or used again.

That being said, the new Wizarding World ones are very tempting, it will be interesting to see what people get when they are sent out - https://www.lootcrate.com/crate/wizarding-world-crate

Ian

Ooo. Well, it's a shame about the fake blank cheques but seeing as this is the closest to Europa Park merch magic I'll get before our New Year meet, I think I'll sign up!

Also, out of interest, what are the t-shirt measurements? Seeing as the sizes differ everywhere and all.

T-shirt measurements are Small- 34/36" / Medium- 38/40" / Large- 42/44" / XL - 46/48"

Hope that helps :)

Congratulations on your start up agreement with Europa Park @CoasterCrate! I see you've already sold out of your initial shipment. I do hope you'll be stuffing a few maps in those boxes ;-)

Wow! Congratulations, starting with the big boys.

It is a shame you've sold out as I'd have ordered but also a great achievement, well done.

Congratulations on your start up agreement with Europa Park @CoasterCrate! I see you've already sold out of your initial shipment. I do hope you'll be stuffing a few maps in those boxes ;-)

Thanks @Sazzle for your support :) We are really excited to be working with Europa-Park and there will indeed be a few maps in our first box shipping December!

Wow! Congratulations, starting with the big boys.

It is a shame you've sold out as I'd have ordered but also a great achievement, well done.

Thanks! Keep an eye out as we'll be releasing subscription details very soon!

Mike J (the Ashens wannabe on youtube who likes theme parks) has done an "unboxing" (urg, I loath these) video of the first one if anyone is interested.

I think you all know my feelings on "Wodan" blocks...