• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coasters you like that others don’t and coasters you don’t like that others do

Sticking with the same park: Blue Fire.

It's ... fine, but it really dies just over halfway through and then you're just waiting for it to end so you can go join the queue for Wodan which is actually exciting. Also that final inversion is surely someone's idea of a joke?

I get that it saved the Mack family from financial ruin etc etc. But as a coaster it's just a bit meh.

Great soundtrack though.

Thorpe's new announcement has just reminded me of the similarly named Hyperion at Energylandia...and why I don't like it.

It's probably the most underwhelming and overrated coaster I've ever been on. It's like an out and back layout is suited more to big airtime hills and not the low to ground turns it mostly provides. People say this it's one of the best coasters in the world and I think "really?!". It's not even in the top 2 at Energylandia

I also really dislike The Smiler. I hate the queue, I hate the theme, the design is awful and it's been a massive headache for the park. However I do think the track and train is good and it's what saves me from truly hating it

For the inverse I loved Fenix at Toverland. The theming is beautiful and the actual track and train is pretty good for a wing coaster. I sorta get why it's not talked about a lot, but it's one I adore!

To keep things balanced, another coaster I have a soft spot for is Abismo at Parque Attracionnes. A fun layout and not too rough, although the capacity is horrific

It's probably the most underwhelming and overrated coaster I've ever been on. It's like an out and back layout is suited more to big airtime hills and not the low to ground turns it mostly provides.

Hyperion has one of the most insane airtime moments out there, the giant airtime hill after that 269ft first drop feels like it wants to eject you out of your seat and fling you somewhere between the car park and the Zator branch of McDonalds.

Some of mine have been mentioned already. But here goes anyway.

There seems to be an Icon hate club, but I don't see what's not to like. It's compact, different, has hang time, airtime and 2 launches. I don't ride it for intensity and if I want a good launch, I'll go on an intamin accelerator.

I gain more enjoyment from Grand National than any other woodie in the country. Similarly, I don't get all the rough talk with Stampeda. Not smooth, but it's a great coaster and rides fine to me. Saw is my favourite coaster at Thorpe, rough but very enjoyable so worth it.

Speed at Oakwood, no one hates it granted, but I think it's awesome. Another one that isn't hated but I really rate more than others seem to is Red Force, not for the launch which is rattly as hell but for the awesome airtime all the way down from the top hat with a loose restraint.

I find Blue Fire boring. Launch is OK but the layout is pretty much by the numbers.

The less said about Colusus the better, awful wretched contraption, I know no one really rates it, but I can't even tolerate those restraints.

The jolts on Dragon Kahn are too severe for it to be enjoyable. I disliked every ride I had on it. I find Wicker Man very poor on the front 2/3 of the train.

To keep things balanced, another coaster I have a soft spot for is Abismo at Parque Attracionnes. A fun layout and not too rough, although the capacity is horrific

A quality ride. Meanwhile, the Premier attempt I have also done (Sky Scream at Holiday Park) was absolutely awful

Silver Star gets far more love normally than it should in my opinion. It's a bit boring.
Sticking with the same park: Blue Fire.

It's ... fine, but it really dies just over halfway through and then you're just waiting for it to end so you can go join the queue for Wodan which is actually exciting. Also that final inversion is surely someone's idea of a joke?

I get that it saved the Mack family from financial ruin etc etc. But as a coaster it's just a bit meh.

Great soundtrack though.
As a blind EP fanboy and a team member, I am seriously considering whether these clearly WRONG opinions are ban-able offences...! At the very least you should both go to the corner of the room, sit down and have a long hard think about what you've said. Both myself and Roland are not angry, but disappointed.

As a blind EP fanboy and a team member, I am seriously considering whether these clearly WRONG opinions are ban-able offences...! At the very least you should both go to the corner of the room, sit down and have a long hard think about what you've said. Both myself and Roland are not angry, but disappointed.

It's alright, Phantasialand is a better theme park ;)

Movie Park DE have a better Mack launch than EP

Shambhala and Hyperion make Silver Star look like sitting on a park bench

We all know Infusion is far superior to Nemesis, because it is open, over water and only a half hour drive from home.
Yesterday in Blackpool, each time I strolled past the Blue Streak, grown ups outnumbered kids by a factor of about ten to one...making the little kids queue extra as most of the grown ups were very grown and needed a double seat each.

Just going to poke the fire here...

EuroMir is just great.

You see, it’s funny how opinion varies, because in the sphere of Europa Park, I personally think Silver Star is a phenomenal ride packed with sublime airtime, and one of my favourite coasters I’ve ridden, and I thought that Euro Mir, which often gets quite a bit of praise, was awful!

In terms of Blue Fire, I really like it, and I think it’s a really decent coaster. However, it is a distant third of the park’s big 3 headliners (Silver Star, Wodan, Blue Fire) for me, it’s comfortably below Icon as Mack launch coasters go for me, and it’s not in my top 10%. I am with @Matt.GC in liking Icon vastly more than most seem to, though.

I can agree with all parties, however, that Wodan is awesome!

In answer to the title question of the thread, mine are:

Furius Baco and Expedition Ge-Force.

I’ll let you guess which one is which! 😂

Even though I don't agree with this, I actually don't dislike/like them two as much as others do

With Baco, my main issue with it is that it's so BORING, rather than the roughness. The figure of 8 layout does nothing for me apart from the inversion and the launch.

With EGF, I actually do really like it but as it's over 20 years old and was a top coaster back then, that stigma sorta sticks with people that it's still one of the best coasters in the world. It's a great coaster, but it's not the best in Europe contender and probably would be in my top 20 at best

Last edited:
In the UK Revolution is one of my favourites. Great airtime and it must pull the most G's out of most of the UK coasters. I do always struggle to get people to go on it - I think it's the stairs that terrify most people!

I dislike Wickerman. I love the pre-show, and the theming is great (but you don't need to be on the ride to appreciate it). The queue is always insanely long, it is a low-quality family woody at best. Nash, Megaphobia, Dipper and Nick Streak are all better woodies IMO.

World-wide I absolutely love Euro-mir. Don't know why. Maybe just that it's quite camp and it twirls.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Alpengeist at BGW. Rodee it not long after it opened, but the hype just didn't land for me.

Along the EP theme, I used to really hate EuroSat (let me be quick to add I love CanCan!), yet almost everyone I know seemed to rave about it. I just never really got it… Cramped and uncomfortable trains, a boring long lift, and a rattley layout, all taking place inside a building hotter than the surface of the sun. About the only thing I can get onboard with liking about it was the comedic value of the final brake run!

Give me Mir any day ❤️

Valhalla.

I like water rides. I am, after all, a goose. Splashing about, getting wet, it's all extremely enjoyable so I was certain that I was going to love this incredibly highly regarded ride... but I didn't get it.

The attendants wouldn't let me swim along, so I waddled into a boat with my partner like everyone else. We were in the second row, in front of us were some Blackpool thoosies, who had clearly ridden the thing more times than I've been fed leftover sandwiches at Towers. They spent the entire journey talking very loudly about any slight change, what differed from its previous incarnation and about what was coming up (I think, they could have been talking about some other ride). Behind us were a mother and a screaming child. I assume she was the mother but I suppose she could have kidnapped the child and that's why it was screaming the entire way round. The mother/kidnapper and child/kidnapee had also ridden Valhalla many times, and so she too was letting the kidnapee (and everyone else) know what was about to happen.

And you know what? Nothing happened. I couldn't see anything, I know it's a dark ride but I'm sure there are supposed to be some effects. There was a little scene all in blue, there was a fire ring at the end, but that was it. I couldn't hear the narration, or the effects, or the story, or even the music. It was all very muffled and low bass sounds. I could hear what I thought was supposed to be happening, or what the others perceived should be happening, but it was just very, very dark and dull. I wouldn't mind but the ride itself was pretty tame and boring too.

We went at the height of summer in August. I asked others who had come off (before and after us), who were drying off in the pub, if all of the effects were working on their runs and they said it was the best they'd seen it operate all season. I went again. It was the same, minus the entertainment from the live abduction and thoosie narration. So yes, I don't get it.

Completely forgot about Can Can. Gets slagged off but I never rode Eurosat. I found it great fun, smooth, and hilarious. I enjoy it more than Blue Fire.

Haven't ridden Oblivion much recently owing to not really being bothered about Towers this year. But the absence of not doing so in a while has reaffirmed my admiration for it. It seems to get respected for what it did when it was built, but not for the experience it still delivers. The first drop on BR:TR might surpass it next year for all we know, but I can't think of another UK coaster that has a better drop presently? It might only do 1 thing, but does it well. I can easily skip Air or Thirteen on a visit, maybe the Smiler if the queue is over 45. But like Nemesis, I'll never skip Oblivion.

I know Rita gets a lot of hate, but I finally rode it yesterday and actually really enjoyed it! So much so that I think it's underrated. 😂
I think that it is underrated, but I can understand why people don't like it. I didn't like it when I first rode it because it was too rough for me, but I have enjoyed every subsequent ride.