• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coasters you've seen but not ridden

Off the top of my head:

Too young:
Rock n Rollercoaster (DLP)
Temple of Doom (DLP)
The coaster with a loop at Pleasure Island, no idea what it was called or what happened to it though. :p

Too old:

The kids coasters at Mirabilandia, Gardaland & Port Aventura.
The Beastie
The Flying Fish

Wow, not that many tbh. :p

ALL of the coasters in Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. We arrived in Tampa, after an hours drive from Orlando, to find out that it was absolutely heaving down with rain. We entered the park (as we had a 2 week pass to most of the parks in Florida) just incase the rain stopped, we went around all the areas and gaped at the huge roller coasters. We didn't manage to ride one of them. :(

Sheikra- queue was 3+ hours.
Winjas- noobish error involving a bag. :-[

That's pretty much it, I try to take full advantage of all parks I go to.

I forgot about some old Alton coasters. :p I never went on Corkscrew, Blackhole (can I class that as 'seen', bearing in mind the actual coaster is enclosed? :p ), New Beast and Thunderlooper.

Sam said:
Adam said:
Too old:
The Flying Fish

Anyone can go on Flying Fish, I've ridden it many a time. :)

Oh, I know there's no reason I couldn't ride it if I wanted to. It's just that seen as I rarely get the chance to go to Thorpe, I've no interest in going what's essentially on the kids rides. Maybe "too old" wasn't the best way of phrasing it. :p

Too young:

Incredible Hulk
Dueling Dragons
Jubilee Odyssey
Milllenium Coaster
Kraken
Space Mountain (DLP)

I think I have been on pretty much every coaster in the theme parks I have been to, maybe there were some when I was a child at Alton Towers when I was too young, however they have all long gone.

The only big coaster I can think of is Millenium coaster at Fantasy Island, as its always closed/broken when I visit. Other than that there are a few children rides I havnt been on like the little dragon coaster at Legoland.

djtruefitt said:
Other than that there are a few children rides I havnt been on like the little dragon coaster at Legoland.

You Sir, Are missing out.

Tonnerre de Zeus- my parents didn't want me or my brother to be sat next to a stranger, bearing in mind he was about 16 and i was about 12 at this time, and a 2 hour queue which meant it wasn't possible for us both to go on, so he went on.

Pepsi Max Big One- Visited Blackpool with family, didn't have plans to ride it, but i did see it.

All AT Coasters- i was too short for them.

Falcon - didn't want to go on by myself.

Hypogriff Flight at Universal Islands of Adventure - I really regret this now, but at the time I valued re-rides on the likes of Hulk more than this particular coaster, which always seemed to have one of the longer queues in the park. It's a shame, because from what I've read into it afterwards, the queue line is really quite immersive even if the ride itself is family orientated.

Dragon Coaster / Go Gator / Runaway Train at Flamingo Land - Had long queues and a 'no adult rider without children' policy that I wasn't going to request be reconsidered considering that the staff there are generally quite rude.

Clown Coaster at Oakwood - Doesn't operate on off-peak days, sadly. Looked like good fun, too!

Troublesome Trucks at Drayton Manor - 'No unaccompanied children in Thomas Land' on school trip days for the loss, that was my main reason for visiting!

I do have a 'ride everything' policy when I visit theme parks, but it isn't always possible. :p

D4n said:
Hypogriff Flight at Universal Islands of Adventure - I really regret this now, but at the time I valued re-rides on the likes of Hulk more than this particular coaster, which always seemed to have one of the longer queues in the park. It's a shame, because from what I've read into it afterwards, the queue line is really quite immersive even if the ride itself is family orientated.

Trust me on this, you didn't really miss out. The queue is horrendous for this ride. What theming there is in the queue isn't enough to justify melting in the heat for it. It's all about whoring FJ, Dragons or Hulk, tbh! :p

Jubilee Odyssey and Millennium Coaster - On both visits to Fantasy Island, they were shut. It seems there's more chance of tropical weather in Skegness than them both being open.

Troublesome Trucks & Buffalo Coaster - 'Too childish' for the group I was with, however made up with it by whoring walk-on Apocalypse numerous times.

King Solomon's Mines - The one I most regret, however was too scary for a 14 year-old me. Hopefully will get a chance if it reopens at Dreamland in Margate however.

...so there's my UK bucketlist. Along with Thorpe and Chessie. :)